NFC's Fire and Ice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BanditGal

Reaction score
I recently bought a stallion that is a son of NFC's Fire and Ice and I was wondering if any of you could tell me more about him. I've been doing a little research on him and what info I do find on him, it never gets too specific. I would really like to know what all awards he won and any other information anyone has on him would be much appreciated. From the pics I've seen of him he's a beautiful horse. Thank you!
default_smile.png

Here is a picture and small bio at MCC, the farm that owns him:

http://www.mccfarms.com/minihorses.htm

I forget the final price, but at the time of his sale, he was the highest selling miniature stallion in history.
That was the first bit of info that I ever found on him. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw how much he sold for. :new_shocked:

My horse's name is Hunt House Farms Fire Chief (he's the one in my avatar). Does anyone know if Hunt House Farm is still in operation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunt House Farms was owned by Bob and Janet Lee in Summerfield, Florida, and they sold out and had a huge disperal sale in the late 90's (I think..time flies so fast I cant' remember how long ago it's been!).

This is the sire of Fire and Ice.....Bond Peppy Power. You can read more about Peppy on the "Stallions" section of our website http://www.ThousandOaksRanch.com

Peppy is the sire of National Champions stallions NFCs Manipulator and NFCs Gambling Man in addition to NFCs Fire and Ice. Peppy is also the sire of the mares NFCs Peppys Music Box, NFCs Peppys Secret Love, NFCs Peppy Bell and Pecan Grove Peppys Perfect Lady, all champions at the national level before becoming broodmares.

Here are a couple photos of Peppy taken at the age of 23; he is now 25.

Peppy250.jpg

Peppy190.jpg

How can a mini be worth that much!!!!!!!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

What kind of pedigree does he have?!

Sure he is a pretty horse but I've seen some that looked like they are worth more.

I still can't believe the price! I mean top notch dressage Friesians and Lipizzans go for that kind of money.

"I mean top notch dressage Friesians and Lipizzans go for that kind of money"

It all depends on what you want!! There's a cattle sale at MSU this weekend, and prices could go as high was $20,000 - $50,000. Prize hogs have gone as high at $80,000. Shoot mutt/designer dogs sell in the thousands!!!

Don't discount miniatures because of their stature, they are the best things in the world to me!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I have one Fire & Ice son and one daughter. I love them both. The daughter has given me two beautiful foals and I am anxiously awaiting the first foal crop from my boy!!!
default_biggrin.png

I forget the final price, but at the time of his sale, he was the highest selling miniature stallion in history.
Close, but not quite. A son of Hemlock Brooks Egyptian King has that honour...he sold for $150,000, I beleive. I cannot quite recall his name...Crimson King or something like that??

It was after his sale that the black and whites "took-off"; reminds me of how popular Dalmations became after the first "101 Dalmations" movie. :DOH!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back