New User and new driver, Greetings!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SappyAppy

Reaction score
Hi to all, I've been reading along and trying to get myself a bit educated about mini driving. My daughter acquired a 38 inch appaloosa miniature horse gelding and we are preparing to drive him. He's very unique and was said to do logging and single and team driving before we got him.

We are lifetime show people who do english, western, jumping, various things, and do most of our own training. We have shown the mini in halter, over fences, mini trail etc. He's amazing and has captured many hearts. Nonetheless driving is uncharted territory for us so I'm sure it'll be quite the adventure! I just bought a cart that I haven't picked up yet, I think it's a meadowbrook. I'm researching harness now and trying to make a good choice. In the meantime we are getting him brushed up on ground driving with a training surcingle and just taking him up and down the roads etc. Pic of cart from the ad I bought it from attached. I welcome any input and all info and cautions anyone might have.

I'll be away from the computer for awhile but will be back on later, have a great afternoon
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back