New to group and Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shes My Style

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm new here. My name is Jessie and I'm from Kentucky. I typically have a few larger horses for trail riding but brought home my first mini a couple nights ago with the plans of driving her in the future. She is a cute little 10 yr old bay mare by the name of Ten LS Splendors Shes My Style. Right now I'm trying to figure out what a good barn name would be for her. I'm looking for a short, cute but fun name.

Here are a couple pictures from her first night home. She did work up a bit of a sweat in the trailer, so please excuse that.

164293_10201109066875840_1810116191_n.jpg

947135_10201108838070120_1299045826_n.jpg

947135_10201108838150122_472978787_n.jpg

947135_10201108837990118_2116355859_n.jpg

Congratulations. Gorgeous expression I love those big brown eyes and beautiful head. Very pretty.. Welcome to the wonderful world of minis from Pennsylvania. Ask her what she wants to be called and test it by calling her. Many horses will help you. Choose their names. Best wishes

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!! to the forums! Congratulations on your pretty little mare. Once you've had her a little while a barn name will come to you, just wait till she settles in and her personality will give you a clue.

Please enjoy looking around here and if you have any questions about our site, contact a member of the staff. We are always happy to help!

The forums rules are here and we have all the mini horse and pony world announcements, plus navigation to the vast Lil Beginnings Web site up top for you to enjoy!

We hope to see you jump in and participate. -LB team

Congrats on your new addition, but... Be forewarned; minis are addicting, and its very hard to stop at just one. I know I didn't.
default_whistling.gif

My horse told me his name days after getting him...(of course I asked him)...and it was a name I'd never considered....but it suits him to a T...hope she does the same...you do have to open you mind and listen though...she is so soft looking in her face...seems like a special girl....

Sandi

She is lovely!!!!! Congrats and welcome!

Welcome to the forums and the wonderful world of miniature horses. I agree with chandab, not many can stop at just one ;) before you know it you will be bringing home a small friend for your pretty little girl .

WELCOME!

She's a cutie! You've come to the right place to be amoung mini horse lovers!

I bet if she's 10, she has a barn name she's used to.
default_smile.png

Maybe Sheila?

Have fun with your new girl!

Thanks for the welcome!

From the sounds of it they just called her Style - which I'm not a fan of for a barn name and she doesn't seem to respond to it at all. I guess time will tell what it is.

keep asking her then listen.. Somebody dumped a bassett hound here and we named him Fred. I didn't ask him... Later he told me he loved the name scooby. how funny. Kids are calling him scooby now. When I say Fred he looks the other way. haha. Listen carefully and she will tell you then send us the names she suggests. I thought of Lila when I saw her, probably because lilacs are blooming right now in pa and she is wearing a purple halter and she is as pretty as a spring flower... can be as simple as that.. wink. ;)

Brown Pony

I'm original
default_yes.gif

Hi and Welcome
She'll be a stunner when you get her clipped off! Wow, she's really pretty.

Wecolme to the forum. She is the same color as my Halo My Halo came already named, but was spelled Haylo. Since she already knew her name, I decided to keep it, but change the spelling. I am new to mini and horses in general. Halo is my first, and only one. I have her boarded, so I don't get to see her as much as I would like...would like to see her daily. May be someday I will have a place, I can have her here with me, then I can get another one. This place is a great place to learn, with lots of nice people.

Thanks for the welcome!

My husband thinks she should be named Bailey or Barley (I shouldn't let him think of names during dinner time - we were having beef barely soup that day...) but I keep coming back to the name Izzy. hmmm...

I've found that as long as the new name has the same *sound* as the old one, they'll know their name.

Got a stud named Annihilator once. Try that out as a barn name! LOL! So I used the ATOR sound and called him Gator and he knew his name right off!

If she was Style, call her something with the *I* sound. But that failing, I like the name Bailey
default_smile.png

Nice to see you here Rascal!

Can't wait to see her sleek summer coat and her hooves cleaned up, since I know that was an issue you were discussing.

Keep us posted.
default_smile.png

Well we did finally come up with a name! A little different than what we were originally thinking. If you look on her one shoulder there is a little white mark that looks like a zig zag - reminds me of what a kid would do with crayons. So she is named Scribbles!

I really like your little mare, she is so pretty, lucky you! I see you have already named her, but I will offer one anyway, lol.

Based on the Splendor name, I thought of 'Dora' short and easy to say.

Back