New Puppy - edited to add pics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizzmoe

Reaction score
Earlier I went to Waffle House with Kat to have a quick bite to eat. One of the ladies I know called up there to ask if one of the waitresses there knew of anyone wanting a puppy. I don't really need one but she couldnt keep him at all really and needed to move him out. I said I would take him. Some idiot left two puppies under the bridge for the interstate. One she was able to find a home for and the other I have. He is a big puppy and will be huge when he grows up. Any guess to the breed. I am sure he is some kind of hound. I also would like some suggestions on getting him settled in. Right now he just wants to be held. Otherwise he wimpers and is scared so bad and shaking. Tonight I will spoil him and hold him as much as possible. I got a crate I am going to clean and put in my room for him to sleep in tonight. As far as he goes, he has had his ears cleaned, a quick bath and has been defleaed. He seems to have settled in more though and is not as scared as initally so I am thinking tomorrow he should be alright. I have taken him oustide a couple of times and he is already learning the leash thing. He is a big sweet boy. As big as his is, his teeth are still very tiny. He is not that old so he is going to be huge lol.

Puppy2.jpg

Puppy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that, tired and forgot to add the pics lol.

Hard to tell at this age. Certainly very cute! Welcome to lots of work ahead and $ spent on vet bills
default_smile.png
!

What a little...I mean BIG doll!
default_laugh.png
I'd guess lab mix probably.

default_wub.png
I would say lab mix also. VERY CUTE! do you have other dogs? If he is anti social, he will learn from them quickly. If he is the lone dog in your house, it may take him a week or two to settle in, but I bet it wont take all that long, with TLC.
default_wink.png

dont know if this is a better set of photos but here you go. after one night

hjghjg.jpg

ghfghh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He is adorable. You are so sweet to take him. Thank goodness for people like you. You gave this little guy the biggest gift of all...a home and people to love him.

Oh my goodness, he is huge~LOL He's also adorable and VERY lucky
default_wub.png

He looks to be a mastiff mix of some kind. He is adorable!

He's just precious!!!
default_wub.png
Bless your heart for taking him in. Keep us posted on his adventures and growing up days. If I had to guess...I'd also say Msstiff and Boxer in the mix.

He is cute
default_wub.png

His colouring reminds me of my mutt, but she was much smaller than he's going to turn out to be!
default_biggrin.png
LOL

Can't wait to see this guy as he grows!!

~kathryn

He sure is cute..could be a mix of anything really. I'm going with a mastiff mix like someone else said, also looks like some possible pit bull??? Looke at the size of his paws!
default_new_shocked.gif
Congrats on your new family member!

Latest posts

Back