New Pony - yes, photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
We have a new pony coming! He'll be delivered the 14th. BUT......I HATE the name "Oreo" . I like names quite a bit more original (hence our pony "Epi" or "P" for short). Any suggestions?

200467911.jpg

200467906.jpg

What a pretty boy! I'm no good with barn names.........I tend to just let them name themselves or use the one they came with.
default_wacko.png
:

We were looking for something between 40" and 44" and gosh was that tough to find! Add to that wanting a pony well trained to drive already and it was nearly impossible. We considered a pretty little registered Shetland, but his price was much higher than the going market. Tho' I could respect that I just couldn't talk my husband in to it........my given limit was $1500 and the other pony was well beyond that. This guy should go well with our pony "Epi" as they're nearly the same size and build. The color was also a bonus......color really didn't matter to me but fun color is always well, fun.
default_yes.gif
:

Well, you probably won't like it but when I look at him...he says...."Horatio", call him H.

I had a discussion with the vet I work for on the road today. He was discussing the fact that his duck hunting dog (a Chessie) is getting older and he's going to need to consider where he's going to get his replacement dog from when "Booshway" is gone. He then was talking about names and how he wanted a "strong" short name for his dog or a name that can be shortened easily ("Booshway" becomes "Boosh" in the swamp) but it also has to be original. I guess like him I like names that most people don't use.

We really didn't shorten the name to "P". She just gets called "P" more than anything else because it took SO long to come up with a name for her. "P" is for "Pony" after all and I guess "P.P." is for "Pony Princess". The name Epi is rarely used, but does fit her. I just don't want to get stuck with calling this new guy something like "P" because we couldn't think of something. Yeah, like naming our dog "Nona".......short for "NoName" because nothing else seemed to fit.

We have a new pony coming! He'll be delivered the 14th. BUT......I HATE the name "Oreo" . I like names quite a bit more original (hence our pony "Epi" or "P" for short). Any suggestions?

200467911.jpg

200467906.jpg
Hi...

Enjoyed seeing your new pony......he is alert and brilliant so I have a name that jumps at me.

Curio

He looks curious but that is too cumbersome. Curio is close to Oreo so it would be an easy transition for him.

He reminds me of a indian pony so I also like Commanche. Good luck with your new pony..... Do not mean to intrude but could not resist.

Well he's here and what a LOVELY face (can't see it much in his photos). Travelling with a tranport company he's picked up the beginnings of an upper respitory infection, but we have him in quarrantine at the vet clinic where I work until that dries up (not bad, but runny eyes and nose running a bit too) and then he'll come home.

He's just a doll........

He's a bit long in the back and a little out of shape right now, but otherwise he's sound and healthy. The vet I work for HATES ponies but admitted that he was nicely put together.

and his name is now.........drumroll..........."Einstein"!

Latest posts

Back