New pics of my POA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share some pics of my 6 year old POA "Cherokee".

He is being trained by a good friend of mine, and she has discovered he is gaited of all things! He has the smoothest running walk! Who would have guessed a POA could do that. She also mentioned that his trot & canter are very choppy, so we are definitely going with the "running walk", as that is what he wants to do naturally anyway.

CherokeeTrainingHeadTuck.jpg

CherokeeTrainingLeft.jpg

DSCF3459.jpg

He's such a big baby, and has just been a spoiled pet (never had a "job" before now)

So, here he is, not wanting to get up because he knows it's time for his "workout".
default_rolleyes.gif

CherokeeatMeredithsLazyDSCF3888.jpg

Very nice Dona. I always get a little twang in my heart when I think about riding, oh, I miss it. Then I go to the neighbor's and play with the BHs, and take a long.... deep.....breath, look at the piles of manure, and just say "I forgot how much they make!" LOL

He is a handsome dude Dona. I miss my appies but i dont miss the extra work that the big ones take...

How wonderful! You are going to have so much FUN!

Aww he's so cute!

My first pony was a (solid bay) POA. He was a gorgeous boy but a spoiled brat!

Ditto! I miss my big Appies and POA's too, but not all the work and the amount of feed they eat. He looks nice and oh man, if he has that running walk you hang on to that one! He is going to be NICE to ride! I wanna come over and give him a spin, LOL!!

Back