New mini!! Pregnant? Lines? Info needed?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She does have a slight look of Blue Boy in her head and ears. It's possible
default_smile.png

Unless she or the stallion has a problem, I'd bet a million bucks she's in foal (how could she NOT be?).

Sadly I hit the dead end. I emailed the owner on her papers, I was very happy to find their email. I asked them questions about if they remembered her or if they had any pics of her I could compare to my mare. I also asked about her papers. I was simply told she was sold as a pet, and they refused to sign over any papers, no other answers on if they remembered her or not. Or to help find out if it was her.

In other news, I adore this little gal. She is fiesty but very well behaved and sweet. I think she was used as a broodmare alot of her life and not used to someone being so affectionate and hands on with her. But shes starting to love the attention.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I'm sorry that they refused to help you. That's a shame! But you have your pretty girl to love no matter what!
default_smile.png

I don't know how the mini registries work, but I know there are some horse registries that view the papers as theirs and not the owners. If they are notified about the withholding of papers on a registered horse - no matter if it was sold as a pet or not - they can sometimes help.

I know some of the foals!!! SWC is two blocks from here. AE is Arabian Echo in Scottsdale. I believe Dae Williams was living in the Phoenix valley somewhere....

I would keep digging and contact the registries about papers. They might be able to assist. I would find out who were the other breeders of her foals... Looks like Deb at Summerwinds (SWC) had the last one - I remember that one as a foal. Pretty much all of her horses are strongly Blue Boy bred so I am pretty sure your mare is the one listed here. That really stinks that she was 'sold as a pet' and they are keeping the papers. Wonder why!!??

you could ask how much it would cost to get the papers ( assuming dna matches ) they may be more forth coming if money is involved

Since the previous owner sold her as a pet at a low price, good possibility they did so because she was no longer breeding sound. In looking at the AMHA pedigree that was posted, the mare was never DNA'd, and because the sire and dam are both deceased and never DNA'd, it would not be possible to determine her pedigree through that route. HOWEVER, there is an extremely slight chance that if she had any offspring that were DNA tested, you might be able to determine if this in fact the same mare going that route (would have to be processed through UC-Davis). My suggestion: call the AMHA office and talk to the person responsible for processing DNA to see if they would accept that....and then the next question would be - are they willing to process a transfer of those papers to you. My guess is that the answer would be "No" - but it doesn't hurt to ask.

OMG, now I remember Ostentatious!!! My best friends next door bought him and had him for a while. They had bought him from SWC down the road. They called him 'Cody'... he was also a gray. And knowing what SWC has, I am willing to bet a dime to a donut that that mare is who she is thought to be.

Thanks for the all the info!!

There is actually DNA on a few of her kids. This is already know. She [if shes the mare in the papers] actually produced some really gorgeous kids. I have talked to and gotten pictures to almost all of her kids. And most were very beautiful. A few were "painted".

HGFarm thats so awesome that you saw him. What a small world.
default_smile.png

I will keep trying and Ive tried calling the AMHA. They dont seem to ever answer their phone. I left messages but never got a call back.

I like her a lot.

She has the Blue Boy look too.

She's pregnant also.

Marty. Thank you.

Had to show off the new halter. Its a colt halter lol
default_smile.png

Calmness

jpbiaa.jpg

Fiesty

2u73vuv.jpg

Pretty girl!! I'm with the others -- they probably sold her without papers for a low price. It' could be that it's not a breeding problem. Sometimes it's just people wanting to cut back, and they find a pet home. I would approach them again with an offer of some $$ for her papers. All they can say is no, so no harm in asking.

Honestly im more concerned with finding out info on the mare then actually getting the papers. She was traded to me as being 7yrs old. Now I know shes older then that. But how old is she? Is shes a 19yr old mare? And I was trying to track down her last owner before the one i got her from to see if she was in fact with a stud before 3 months ago when the lady before me got her. But this gal has really been passed around alot recently.

She will be a beautiful well loved pet here. Dont really need the papers.
default_smile.png
Just want info about her.

And thank you. I adore her.
default_smile.png

Do you have the name of the person before that you are looking for? Send me a PM... I may be able to help you with that. I agree, I would try to offer to pay for the papers. It would be worth it as well bred as she is.

Back