New mini!! Pregnant? Lines? Info needed?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalsowner

Reaction score
I did a trade for a gorgeous little mini mare that I got a few days ago. I bought her unregistered because she is gonna be a pet, but we may have a foal someday, who knows, anyways. The lady I got her from called me today and she said she found her registered name and number. Turns out if this is the mare she has some nice lines!! Can anyone look up on the registration? Not sure which one. Her name is Flying W Farms Codys Crystal Blue. I also need to find out if everyone thinks she is pregnant? She was exposed to a stallion for the last few months, but the lady I got her from said she thinks she may have been exposed before that. What you think? Or is she just fat? Excuse the poo, colic control lol.

bgwsvc.jpg

1ywugj.jpg

She's cute
default_smile.png

It's hard to tell if she's bred or not at this stage.

Is she going to give you the mare's papers? That would be nice!
default_smile.png

The lady I got her from did not get her papers, she gave me a name she bought her from to see if I could get them from her. Trying to just find out whatever info I can. If it doesnt happen thats fine. I love this little mare all the same, already. Ive always wanted a mini. I have had "large horses" for many yrs.. This little gal has spunk!!

She's had 6 registered foals, the last one in 2007.

1***2***3***4***5***6***7***8***9****************************************
| | | OHIOS TINY TIM - UNREG.
| | FLYING W FARMS LITTLE BLUE BOY - I 00802
| | |[05/28/1975 : S : DGR : - : DC : 30.000]
| | | OHIOS NELLIE GREY - UNREG.
| FLYING W FARMS LITTLE BLUE CODY - IT04554
| |[03/03/1984 : S : SGR : - : DC : 30.000]
| | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.
| | | OHIO SHEEKABOB - R 00830P
| | | |[01/01/1969 : G : SGR : - : - : 31.500]
| | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.
| | OHIOS JUNE LILLY - R 01591P
| | |[06/18/1973 : M : SWT : - : - : 33.750]
| | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.
| | | OHIOS LITTLE WHITE LILLY - R 00834P
| | | |[01/01/1970 : M : SGR : - : DC : 33.500]
| | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.
FLYING W FARMS CODYS CRYSTAL BLUE - A 64542
|[05/12/1994 : M : SGR : - : - : 33.500]
| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.
| | FLYING W FARMS SUNDANCE - A 04304
| | |[06/01/1969 : S : SPA : - : DC : 31.000]
| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.
| FLYING W FARMS YELLOW DIAMOND - A 21777
| |[07/07/1979 : M : SPA : - : - : 34.000]
| | FLYING W FARMS BUNNY - UNREG.
****1***2***3***4***5***6***7***8***9****************************************
Total AMHA Registered Horses: 8
Highest Generation Level (Registered Horses): 3

See all my info above your 2nd post. It has the name of the registered owner
default_smile.png

Im a bit confused how to read that. I know who her sire is and grandsire, and dam and granddam is. So what are the foals names?

Last edited by a moderator:
See the dotted lines running up & down? See her name in the first line? Her parents are in the 2nd line back, her grandparents are in the 3rd line back and so on.

Thank you very much. Do you know how Id go about finding out if it is the right mare? I am gonna try and contact the people on the papers. But can I do anything through the registry?

her belly is kinda pointy...I'd place a bet for pregnant...but I have geldings...lol....

Sandi

Google the listed owners and see if that helps. The only way to for sure tell if it's the same mare is through DNA of her and her parents. Her sire is dead
default_sad.png

Her foals are

FLYING W FARMS IM BLUE TOO A 104300 06/12/1999 Mare SGR DN - 34.000

AE SHA ZAM A 172341 03/10/2006 Stallion PSR - RV 00.000

DASH FARM PIN BALL A 180815 05/21/2007 Stallion SBA - RV 00.000

LM CRYSTAL BLUE PERSUASION A 124079 05/01/2001 Mare SGR - - 32.000

LM HAWKS DREAM CATCHER A 135990 07/26/2002 Mare PBK DN - 34.000

SWC OSTENTATIOUS A 152823 04/30/2004 S SGR - RV 00.000

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for all the info. This is great. Her sire is deceased? Bummer....she was trade as a 7 yr old mare. Did the math if this is the mare, and shes 19!! Gonna check her teeth in the morning. No matter though, she is loved already, and has her forever home.
default_smile.png

Her belly could just look foaly because of all the previous foals she has had. Only way to tell is to get a vet
default_smile.png
or do a wee foal.

I have a mare here that looks foaly as anything and I know she is in foal because she is a maiden so it is easy to tell when they haven't had many foals.

What a lovely mare - and if she is who it seems she may be (age wise), she's a lucky girl to find a loving forever home!

Not sure if it is possible, but could the DNA proof work if you could find whether she has any full siblings??

If I read this right (and it is the right horse) you just got a Blue Boy granddaughter who may have once been owned by Limestone Miniatures (the LM foals). I would contact Limestone and see if they can help. They seem to be most famous for their stallions (Billy Idol, Nighthawk) but I think their Blue Boy bred mares are a major reason for their success.

I have been following paths and keep hitting dead ends. She [if its the right mare] had a foal with Nighthawk. But I talked to them and they said it has been alot of years they would not remember her. Talk to her breeder they do not rememeber her either.

And yes if it is her she is a blue boy granddaughter!! I so wanna know, even if it really doesnt matter.

And now I need to know they sold her to be as 7yrs old and possibly pregnant. Is she 19 and possibly pregnant? Ugh.

It looks like 2 of the foals have been DNAd... maybe you could get your mare DNAs for $41 and see if she could be their dam???? I don't know if AMHA would help you out there??

To find out if she is pregnant, you could get an ultrasound (best way) or do a Wee Foal urine test. I had bad luck with the Wee Foal 38 but good luck with the 120, which means you need to wait. But if she is bred, you will get lots of practice and experience with waiting!!! Your mare is lovely anyway!

Thank you!!

I looked at her teeth this morning and she is not 7yrs old like they originally said. Not sure how old but over 10 for sure. I talked to the lady from LM and she said it was 10 yrs ago, and the mare was alot more grey when she saw her but by the shape of her head its very possible it was her. I know it would be hard to know if it was actually her. DNA really would be the only way. I cleared her up a bit and had another photo session. Haha. Love her.

A Few new pics today. The halter is a yearling halter I had sitting around. She has such a petite little head.

DSCN0956.JPG

DSCN0955.JPG

She's such a pretty girl! Keep digging into her past and hopefully the answers will slowly come.

Good luck and do keep us posted on anything you find out
default_yes.gif

She had some gorgeous babies if this is her!!! I got pics of some of them.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back