New mini owner with a feeding question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here's the update on my little mare. The vet checked her over and she is healthy and he doesn't think she is pregnant, just a typical chunker. Fecal looks good and blood panel as well, all normal. She's had two trimmings and her feet are so much better, I didn't realize just how bad they were and I am actually surprised that she was moving sound before, every hoof was at a different angle and they were really long.

She is out of quarantine and hanging in the round pen while her special fencing is put up this weekend, posts are in and they are going to finish it up so she can move into her permanent paddock with my big boy safely hopefully on Sunday! She is a fence pusher and very smart so we need to make sure everything is especially sturdy
default_yes.gif

She also is well broke to ride so her history of being a camp pony cast off when she was going through the auction ring was probably true for once! Her little saddle and bridle arrived from Mini Express and my 5 year old son hopped on her and she rides well direct rein w/t. The vet said she should be fine for carrying up to about 80 pounds so the kids should be able to ride her for a while before they get too big, but eventually that will happen... so in the springtime I will get a little cart and harness for her and we will see about driving training, it's been a long time since I drove and it was big horses so I will have to see how much I remember. But one of the trainers where I board does competitive driving and is going to help me with her so I can hardly wait!

We are already having so much fun with our little girl and I am so thrilled we took her home. She is awesome, follows the kids around like a puppy and has such a people friendly personality. It's amazing how quickly we've gotten attached to her, these little horses really have a way of wrapping you around their little hoof
default_thumbup.gif

Oh, they are also addictive, be careful there, you can never stop at one....

Latest posts

Back