New Here! With Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks CMC! Yes I'm totally smitten with them. They've stolen my heart
default_yes.gif
I mean how could this not steal your heart! (ps, his halter is too tight I know, I have one on order for him that should be coming in soon)

20130306_121450_zps0cd1c5d4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a round pen to exercise all of mine and I have never had a problem. At shows we lunge them on a line out about 20' so a 40' circle. I have never had a problem with them.

On a side note, I never leave halters on mine. They only wear them when I am working with them. There is always a chance they can get hung up on something or even their own foot when scratching an ear or the like. There is also a danger of a pasture mate getting a jaw hung up in a pal's halter. The scenarios are endless if you think about it, even my hard to catch ones never wear halters unless they are in my hand, tied up or on the hot walker. That is just my two cents worth.

They certainly are like potato chips you can't have just one. I have seven now! Would like to have two foals next year, and I have two that are moving to new homes this spring when the weather has cleared on the passes.

Thanks barnmother, I totally agree with you on the halters, mine do not wear them in the pasture. They were wearing them in the pics because I was working with them that day
default_smile.png
Ugh and you're right, we started with Cooper, and then I bought Charm, then 2 weeks ago we bought Rain and Spirit hahaha! If I had a facility I would probably be breeding Rain! Lol j/k

So adorable! I have my one Mini now but I am thinking about trying to convince my mom to get another so he can have a buddy and I can teach them to drive in a team. This plan would work much better if her good friend\our neighbor didn't have a Mini mare that needs so much work it's crazy. They got the mare two years ago and she hasn't been out of the pasture or even had a halter on since about two days after they got her.

Anyways, it's great to see you here! Everyone is so helpful and I'm learning a ton just reading old posts and the questions others have asked!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back