New format....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lightbulb only takes me to the page that lists all forums. Same as clicking on the "little beginnings horse forums" at the left. It's still only one extra step to changing forum but I liked the drop down menu better.

While you're "fixing" things could someone make the "up" arrow at the bottom a darker color. I would not have even known it was there if someone hadn't talked about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary .Lou--the 'up' arrow is right at the very bottom of the page...for a long time mine looks like a little grey box, but eventually the arrow shows up for me. It is just above the "Time Now...>Last Visit....Exec Time" line at the very bottom.

Sandee--for me the lightbulb does open a small screen that lists all the forums--it's more of a pop up screen than a drop down screen, and for me it is just as fast to click on "Miniature Horse Forums" and go to the actual page--that loads just as fast as that navigation pane listing the forums. I had never been in the habit of using the drop down menu, so going to the main forum page is no hardship for me--it's what I've always done.

I do find that when I use the quick reply box at the bottom it is all too easy to click on something I don't want--I click on the box & nothing happens, so then I click again. By then the screen is already in the process of opening, I guess (it is very slow to respond) and so my second click lands on some function key in the reply box--I frequently find I am typing in italics, or with my letter struck out...very annoying. I have to delete it & click the offending box to go back to regular type--chanda, perhaps that is how you have lost all your edit functions? Try clicking the little lightbulb (tiny lightbulb, just looks like a box with an indistinguishable symbol in it to me) to the left of the eraser, at the top left corner of the reply box? Does that fix your problem?

Can anyone explain why I am suddenly a man??

Not complaining but I just don't remember the surgery........

OMG, yes she is! Mary Lou- anything you want to tell us? LOL I better check mine!

She's been a man for awhile too, well before this forum upgrade....someone pointed this out to me awhile ago--I hadn't noticed until then. (Nothing observant about me!) LOL

I checked mine...it's correct.
default_yes.gif

I don't like it at all, I only have dial up, and it is slow to begin with, now every thing takes forever! I cna't go from one forum to the next without starting all over. Had a hard time just responding to this.
Terry, I'm not on dial-up, matter of fact I have a super fast connection and I can tell a difference! The problem is the majority of the population does have a fast connection so programmers are lazy now and have no incentive to code wisely or with performance in mind. I know, I manage developers all day. Trust me, as processors get faster, connections broader, etc., the art of programming for performance is quickly being lost. It's sad really as so many people wouldn't have to buy the biggest, faster computer or spend so much on memory, etc., if programmers still knew how to really program. Most are just pointing an clicking now.

I wish I had a resolution for you. I'd hate to see the board lose it's rural members.

I wonder what it's like for folks on satellite?

Last edited:
I have satellite, and the forum is working pretty well for me, it's loading as always. I can't seem to get the smileys to work though, anyone else?

I have satellite, and the forum is working pretty well for me, it's loading as always. I can't seem to get the smileys to work though, anyone else?

When I click on my smilie face I get nothing, when I click on the picture icon I get a gray screen, I've tryed both reply areas!

Love the fact that the new format is iPad friendly for me to be able to contribute to topics now.... I was only able to view topics before and couldn't write any responces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm on Internet exployer now so lets see if I can get the smilies,
default_yes.gif
default_whistling.gif
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
Well. I got some of them, maybe now if I want to add photos I'll try in this format! I was starting to feel like the little kid left out of getting picked for volley ball!

I want to change my signature and can't figure out how to do it now...I have tried several times but it gives me an error message each time.

Otherwise...liking the new format a lot!

Back