New format....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandee

Reaction score
I hope that one of the monitors will see this and respond. I was really liking the old way of going to the bottom of the page (any page) to change from one forum to another. Now the only way I can find to do that is to go to the "forum" page and then select a new forum. Not a big deal but one more step to the process. I also was beginning to like the ability to view the first post of a topic before opening it up.

Oh, well, I suppose it had to be changed for the sake of "program support".......@#$*& programmers.

I like it! Works lots better now on my Andriod Tablet and iPhone, too
default_smile.png

Oh but now ya'll see ugly me, vs. my horse avatar? Where'd the avatars go?

I detest the mouse-over preview, but that's only a problem for those with lousy vision!

I don't like it at all, I only have dial up, and it is slow to begin with, now every thing takes forever! I cna't go from one forum to the next without starting all over. Had a hard time just responding to this.

The mouse-over topic preview is gone, but there is a quick preview that you can click on the little black arrow next to the title to preview the topic.

I cna't go from one forum to the next without starting all over. Had a hard time just responding to this.
Don't know how well it'll work on dial-up, but the little light bulb looking icon near the top right will open a forum list, just click on the forum you wish to go to and there you are.

I also noticed the drop down boxes are gone to move from one forum to another.

ML is Bill still working on that? I know sometimes it takes a couple days for him to fix all the glitches. I wouldn't think they would take out the forum to forum navigation?

Anyone else having a problem with the writing being so small now? Is it just my eyes?? I know I can change the size of my font, but I am having a hard time reading others now, dont remember it being so hard before. Ugh maybe I shouldn't have asked... I truely dont want to have to get glasses!! One more thing, I hit "show all" (REALLY hard to see) on the Emoticons and then tried to pick one, didn't work for me. Is there a trick I dont know about?
default_frusty.gif
It's letting me pick from below but not the others.

I couldnt figure it out either with the emoticons for a bit but it worked when I clicked directly on the picture/icon, hopefully that will work

I have some things to ask if I may. The page is now too big and I have to scroll from left to right to read the posts, if I move it to the middle I can read the posts but I can't see who posted them. Is there a way I can reduce the size?

The other thing is there used to be a button at the bottom that said "go to the top" which is gone, when I am on my laptop it is a bit of a pain with no mouse having to go up manually.
default_blush.png

Thanks Renee

Just to say again, I really do like the format. More and more of us are using the forum from our iPhones, Tablets, Blackberries, etc. I think this format is great for accomodating all the different ways we check in with what's going on @ LB. Also, as an advertiser, I'm happy to now see the banner ads on my Tablet (not on the iPhone unless I choose full version, but then with the smaller screen, it's great the way it is now). This format is a big improvement over the old when it comes to those (only getting more popular) smart phones and tablets! WTG, ML. You are so good to us and you really are a force of great things in the miniature horse community! A leader in bringing owners together to share information. Nothing else compares to LB when it comes to sharing information about and the love of small equines!

Last edited by a moderator:
The font looks bigger to me now if anything. As for the scrolling left to right, it fits mine fine, but then I just got a new computer and the newer ones have the wide screens, so maybe that is why?? I wonder if you tried changing your computer properties to a different different resolution size...that may work??

Hate it, it is cheap and 'orrible.....but then, when have you ever known me like change?

I shall get used to it, but it is only tolerating it, I shall never like it. It is like a free website, nothing distinctive and more difficult to navigate than the old forum, so what was the point of changing?

Ok lthanks for the help. For some reason the smileys below take one click for me, the others on show all take 2-3 clicks before they work for me... Oh well at least it works now!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_yes.gif
:yes

Renee, at the bottom of the page in the middle, there is an "upwards pointing arrow" that will take you to the top of the page. It's very lightly colored grey -- and doesn't stand out well, but it's right in the middle at the bottom.
default_wink.png
got it, Thanks
bighug.gif

Yesterday, I could use all the editing functions and smilies, today none of it works for me.

The change, like all things, takes awhile to get used to, but I am beginning to like the new format. I haven't had any problems navigating around or finding things.

Thank you Mary Lou!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back