New foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvf

Reaction score
I need some help from the experts on what pattern this colt is.

Also, would he be considered a medicine hat?

The sire is a frame overo.

Thanks for your help.

(Oh please excuse the long feet on the mare, the farrier will be out this weekend.)

cook.jpg

cookiebaby2.jpg

VERY nice baby,vvf! I,myself,would consider him a medicine hat. He's a looker!

How cute! He has his "hat" rakishly cocked to one side! :aktion033:

I'd definitely call him a medicine hat! Tovero too. The chest shield and flank spots are indicative of tobiano. Very cute boy!
default_smile.png

He's lovely thats for sure, congratulations!!!

I wondered if he was a medicine hat? I wondered if both ears had to be colored?

Also the chest shield really isn't "full", so i didn't know if that would really be considered a chest field.

So he would be a tovero?

yes he has blue eyes.

Thanks everyone, i just wasn't sure about this one.

Congrats,

:new_shocked: wow what a nice fellow. :new_shocked:

He is a keeper.

If you are being purist he is not a Medicine hat as both his ears are not fully coloured.

Also one part of the chest shield is missing but I think it is pretty much the same as Palomino versus palomino- to be totally correct a Palomino must not have blue eyes but a horse can obviously be palomino coloured.

So I guess what I am saying is the basic pattern is medicine hat.

But strictly speaking he is not a Medicine Hat, no.

And I do wish we could lose that pointless term "tovero" since (Oh Gosh here she goes again
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) the so called "overo" patterns have absolutely NOTHING in common .

He would appear to be a Sabino-Splash- Tobiano combination but I would certainly tests for Frame, just in case, unless he is gelded, of course!!

Very pretty foal- I would not turn him down because both his ears aren't coloured!!!

Thanks Rabbit, I was hoping that you would comment.

I kind of thought too, that he wouldn't be a "true" medicine hat. I too thought that both ears needed to be colored, but i wasn't absolutely sure.

And he doesn't have the full shield.

I haven't decided to test him for frame yet. I may decide to geld him. I have too many stallions as it is
default_rolleyes.gif
:

He's a very distinctive little guy, isn't he? Congratulations on him!

Rabbits, I understand your reasoning for not liking the blanket terms "overo or tovero," but when I hear someone saying tovero (and yes, it is on my website as well so I'm one of the "guilty"), I just know that they mean the horse is more than just tobiano.
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back