New Filly born this morning...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]My Mare Cream had a filly at 10 am this morning, I must say I am a little confused to her color. Her dam is registered as Cremello, although I think she is Perlino, Cream is definately a double dilute.... The fillies sire is my Palomino Pinto.....I really expected a cremello or perlino pinto. Is she Buckskin Pinto? I am not sure since there is no black in her mane.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Sire: Cuddlesome Banana Boy[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Dam: Cheg's Hocas Pocas[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Color help is appreciated![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]This mare has had 2 buckskins and one Perlino/or Cremello for me in the past out of different sires.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Here are pics of her:[/SIZE]

IMG_2923MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_2937MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_2926MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_2913MediumWebview.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pretty foal!

Your mare's lower legs look very dark to be double dilute to me, but that could be shadowing. If she is for sure double dilute, then I wonder could the filly be smokey black pinto? Or smokey silver black pinto? Doesn't look buckskin to me, but you know how these mini color can be!

Congrats on your new filly!!!

She sure is pretty -- no matter what color! Her gray almost has a lavender tinge to it, which is neat.

I'm not going to even guess her color until she's a little older. She does look like she's carrying a delute gene, though. And from what I can see of her dam, I agree about her being Perlino.

What color is the sire?

MA

[SIZE=14pt]Here's some other pics of her dam, a little cleaner.....and one of her sire.....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Sire is Palomino Pinto..........I need to get some better pics of him.[/SIZE]

hotdog.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]What do you think about Smoky Cream Pinto? That was on the list on Animal genetics when I put in the Palomino pinto sire and Perlino Dam.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]this is her with her 2005 filly and her 2006 colt[/SIZE]

1featherSmallWebview-1.jpg

6-27-06025.jpg

Aren't these color genes something else? Anyway, she is lovely and her sire is gorgeous, congratulations!!!

I think the filly is way too dark to be a smokey cream (but maybe smokey black...). Smokey cream is a double dilute... pink skin, blue eyes, all of that stuff...

I'm going to say smokey cream.. Her face yells cream to me and then the silver color immediately made me think smokey, but her coat is too light colored and has a tint to it that doesn't make me think smokey black.. Of course, just a guess/opinion

I don't think she is double dilute either. My colt out of a palomino and buckskin is a double dilute and several folks said he is a smokey cream. I'm only posting these so you can see what color he is and can have a reference.

This is about 2 hours old

kahlua.jpg

This is 12 hours. You can see how pink his skin is and a double dilute will have the blue eyes.

kahlua9.jpg

Well she does NOT have the light blue eyes like her dam. I am just totally surprised, I thought for sure I would get a cremello or perlino pinto, or solid.....or palomino out of this cross, but now I have no idea what color she is other than pinto......it is almost a brown/grayish color, but I know more is going on with the dam being Double Dilute.
default_wacko.png
:

Shes beautiful no matter what color ya end up, lol It's funny we can guess colors all day long then BAM out comes a total surprise and looks like you got one, lol

Congratulations!! She is the color of Love!!
default_yes.gif
:

As you can see I am no good at colors... but I know a pretty filly when I see one! :aktion033:

Joyce

Maybe the sire is hiding silver, and she is a smokey silver??

Beautiful filly no matter what color
default_wub.png
:

I'm going to vote for smokey silver. The sire (and heck, the dam!) could be carrying a silver gene and you would not be able to see it. the dark skin is not indicative of a double dilute.

Andrea

well it is possible for the sire to carry silver I had a silver foal out of a black and white and a palomino.. I was a bit shocked as it was not what I expected.

You could test the foal just to double check the creme gene is there but smokey silver is my vote to

Back