New Colt for Phish Mountain Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMMinis

Reaction score
Well on March 28 at 2:11 am our Timber Ridge mare gave birth to a 14" tall, thats an estimate, premature silver frame overo colt. His legs were so weak they went every which way. I had to milk mama and syring feed him. He also cannot control his body heat so we have him wrapped in a fleece warmer with a waterproof insulated dog blanket. We made leg braces and he is up and nursing and getting stronger. We haven't named him yet in fear he may not make it so we are gonna wait and see what happens but he seems to be doing well. His sire is Realitys Champ Buck Oro who is a son of Pecan Groves Zues Buck Oro. His dam is Timber Ridges Raven Dancer.

raven%20040.jpg

Realitys Champ Buck Oro-(sire)

raven%20002.jpg

Timber Ridges Raven Dancer-(dam)

ravens%20colt.jpg

He is a lovely boy...I pray he continues down the path of health!!!
default_wub.png

Awwww..... he is so sweet! Good luck with him and it sounds like you are doing all the right things. I sure hope he thrives for you!

((( Phish Mountains I'm A Surviver )))

You know I really actually like that name, lol. We decided that if we name him, we will jinks him and he will die so we want to wait and give him a good four weeks. I have heard of foals doing really well and then going down hill after three weeks due to not getting enough colostrum. We pumped him full of it but sometimes its never enough so keeping our fingers crossed. Our vet wouldn't even come do an IGG test cause he said it would be a waste of his time and that the foal is gonna die. Note to self....LOOKING FOR NEW VET!! Talk about frustrating.

((( Phish Mountains I'm A Surviver )))

We decided that if we name him, we will jinks him and he will die
No, you won't "jinx" him if you name him - (and black cats aren't evil and the tooth fairy doesn't really exist lol)

Give him a name...he's earned it
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Your vet is an idiot. I feel so bad for you! He is darling, and I hope you have good luck with him. How far along was he in gestation?

OMG! On that vet! What a terrible thing to say to a concerned horse owner!

And that is just the CUTEST face! One of my all time favorite colors and markings.

Wishing him (and you) the very best)

Charlotte

He was born at about 314 days and she usually carries for over 330. He has really fine hair, almost like a summer coat. He also was positioned wrong. His front legs were folded under him. I tried to push him back in but Ravens contractions weren't aloowing it. I pulled him out with his legs folded back with ease cause he is so tiny. Thought he was a dwarf at first. He is proportioned correctly but I don't think we will beable to keep him perfectly straight. His front feet are already starting to show tightening of the tendons but his rear legs have a long ways to go. They are pretty twisted and needs extra support, but his splints are helping him stand. As long as he can stand on the bottom of his hooves like he is suppose to, I don't care if he matures a little crooked. Deep down inside I know if he carried full term, he would have been a show stopper but thats not the most important thing right now.

My vet told me I was too far away and it would be wasting his time. I live 35 minutes away from him and he is the closest vet to me. Other people have told me he is notorious for that. He should be stripped of his vet title, LOL.

I love his name, I can't believe your vet, I would think he would want to do an IGg. What if he needs Plasma ? Can yoiu find a new vet?

Congrats he is absolutely adorable, I hope he continues to do well!

OMG just saw the comment about the vet, that is horrible and he should not be a vet!!!

I do think he is a dwarf, but he is very cute. Good luck with him.

I do think he is a dwarf, but good luck with him he is adorable.

What a handsome foal! Prayers and best wishes hoping that everything turns out ok. He has a really really really pretty face!!!! Hugs

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Your colt is adorable! I had a filly born last yr. at 305 days from the first breeding, she also couldn't hold heat, I would wrap her tiny dog coat in a heating pad and warm it up at night. Also throat latch sweats can be used around their chest and tummy for added warmth.

I agree about your vet, he's an idiot! 35 minutes away is nothing, my vet is over an hour away and always comes when asked.

Thought he was a dwarf at first.
I confess that that was my first impression when I saw his photo - and your description of his leg problems just added to that concern. I hope he rallies and is bouncing around soon! Then he truly will be a survivor...

Latest posts

Back