New boy to the herd!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Went to the Greencastle Mini Sale this past Saturday with a good friend of mine, saw some really nice horses for a change and if you were looking to add some excellent bloodlines to your herd, from good farms, for dirt cheap prices, this was the sale to go to!! My good friend and I went just to look as always, but somehow my friend just couldn't keep her hand down on this gorgeous boy, so we ended coming home with him for a bargain of a deal and new partnership in the making!! We would like to once again thank Danny and Nancy Dalton of Timber Ridge Farm in TN for letting this amazing boy go and come home with us!!!

So without further ado, please help me welcome:

Timber Ridges Velvet Gangster - AMHA only for now - black and white tovero with partial left blue eye, yearling colt, 32" - sired by Timber Ridges Black Velvet King Tux out of Timber Ridges Razzle Dazzle Dandy.

"Gangster" for now, is a Black Velvet grandson, who needs no introduction, a Buckeroo great-grandson, who also needs no introduction, he also traces back to Komokos Little Hussler, Gold Melody Boy, and Timber Ridges Ikey - all this only on his SIRE'S side. His dam traces back to Rowdy and I believe Timber Ridges Ikey also.

These pictures were taken 5/13/12 - he's had minimal handling but was halter broke last fall as a weanling - I can't wait to see what more training does!! Pictures don't do him justice!!

100_1009.jpg

100_1010.jpg

100_1011.jpg

Thanks for looking at our new boy! We're super excited to have him!! We're planning on hardshipping him into AMHR and also registering him Pinto this year. My friend will possibly be showing him at our open local shows this year and we'll decide at later date as to whether or not he will remain a stallion, to breed to both her mares and mine once old enough and he's been color tested, or make him a cool looking gelding.

Becky M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!! I think he's a diamond in the rough! It will be neat to see what he turns into with you.

You've got yourself a great colt there, just don't forget to quarenteen for three weeks, before letting him out with the others! Great breeding.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on our new boy!! I'm excited and nervous to see how he does at the shows this year and to see how he matures. The pictures imo just don't do him justice!

Terry - we always make sure they are kept separate until we know it's safe to turn the new horse out with the rest of the herd. Didn't your farm have a few horses at this sale?

I was really disappointed in how low the prices were on alot of the horses but I guess that goes to show how bad the economy is hurting the horse world. After looking through the sale book again I'm seeing several farms that advertise their farm and horses here on LilBeginnings. People really got some nice horses for dirt cheap prices which in turn didn't help the sellers out with all the cost to get that horse there to the sale.

Congrats to all the new owners out there that got some really nice horses from this sale!!

Thanks again for looking at our new boy!

Becky M.

Yes I did! The broodmare went to a really nice lady looking for a sweetheart for her grandkids, and she got one. The two colts went to a driving person, sold together, and the "B" mare went to another driving person. I breed for halter but 98% of mine seem to get sold to driving people as they like my horses long legs and good hips and shoulders. At least I didn't go in the red this time and I saw all buyers and greeted two. Someone did steal one of my lead lines, I bought brand new halters and leads for my sale horses and was just a little upset that one buyer didn't have a new lead. Yes the prices were low, but as long as my guys got a good home, I'm happy.

Thanks dgrminis! He is handsome at least to us!

Terry - Glad to hear all your horses went to great homes! Driving horses are my favorites! When I saw your first horse go through the ring, I though to myself "Wait, that person's on the forum!" then I looked at my friend and told her where you were from! I kept doing that all through the sale with different farms that I seen advertising on LilBeginnings!

I felt bad for alot of sellers that traveled great distances to bring horses to this sale to only get low prices on their good quality horses!

Congrats again to any lucky buyers! Thanks again for the compliments on our new boy!

Becky M.

Back