New colt appears possibly septic/Lucy update too

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh darn it...I wish there was more that could be done, but it looks like you have a great vet to help...prayers from Kansas!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

I'm so sorry that Lucy's not improving. I hope there's better news this morning. Keeping both Firestar and Lucy in my prayers.

[SIZE=12pt]Hoping for good news today![/SIZE]

Barbie

As of Sunday 2am March 31st:

Yesterday (Saturday 3/30) the colt was depressed and had milk all over his head and not nursing. He had diarrhea and his White blood cell count was very low. His IGG was good as was Lucy's. He had been started on Naxcel and Carafate at 12 hours of birth, then started on Probiotics. Yesterday(Saturday) he was switched to Amikacin IV daily, Ampicillan IV 4X a day, Carafate orally 2X a day, Pepto orally 4X day, Serimmune orally 4X a day, biosponge 4X a day, Metronidazole orally 4 X a day. He is on Probiotics orally daily. He also recieves IV fluids 4X a day. I have him isolated at my barn. He is standing and nursing a little. If he gets any worse he will go to New Bolton Center. He , like his sister Lucy has Dragon's big blue eyes.

Lucy is still at New Bolton, still very ill, she is on hyperailimentation IV fluids as she is not nursing still, and still had diarrhea.She is standing though where before she could not. New Bolton is doing a FANTASTIC job in caring for this baby. I can't say enough good stuff about them!

Thank you all for your support!

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry Robin, you and your little ones will be in our prayers!! (((HUGS)))

As always Robin, you and the little ones are in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping us so well up to date with their progress. I know all your friends on LB are praying for Dragon's babies, and are worrying for and with you.

If wishes were miracles ........

Anna xx

[SIZE=12pt]Robin-[/SIZE]

Thoughts and prayers continuing for your little ones. Did I miss a definite diagnosis of what is going on here? I feel so bad for you and your little ones.

Barbie

I keep praying for a better update! Sending more prayers

Robin, you know you have my prayers for both and I feel so very sorry for you to have two so serious at the same time. I appreciate your updates and I hope soon will both be well.

Joyce

Here is hoping and praying for improvement each day for your darling babies.

Peggy

Oh, Robin. I pray you are rewarded with two strong, vital, healthy, and happy foals in return for your devotion to them. You have gone far beyond what most would or could do. You must be feeling very tired, please take care of yourself also.

Sending big hugs to you, and healing thoughts for your two wee ones.

Oh wow, I can't even imagine what you must be going through (and don't even want to contemplate the final vet bill, ouch!!) Keeping your little ones in my prayers, they've GOT to pull through!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Thanks for the update. I am praying all goes well. This is so hard.

Robin keeping you and the babies in my thoughts and praying they start really turning around. Prayers for both the babies.

Mary

Oh My goodness, Robin..I have been away from the forum for a day or two and was in hopes of good news about your little Lucy. I am sending prayers your way for both of your little ones. I am so sorry you are having to go through two illness like this. Please keep us posted.

Poor little darlings.

Wishing a quick and speedy recovery for both babies.

And, sending warm thoughts & prayers your way.

-Becky

Latest posts

Back