New colt appears possibly septic/Lucy update too

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
Our new colt, a Boogerman/Hemlock Brooks Silver Legend grand son appears to have problems. We noticed the same "fringe like" growth of blood vessels around the blue of his eyes, a symptom of infection

Vet came out to draw IGG and examined him and didn't like those blood vessels.

He was started on Naxcel and Carafate, and he is not in the hospital YET.

Lucy has not improved, still critical per New Bolten, still bad diarrhea, not nursing, now on IV hyperailimentation to give her nutrition, Metronidazole, Carafate, Biospnge, Cefataxomine, listless.New Bolton is doing a wonderful job with her. They are trying so hard, and are so knowledgeable, being very careful and they call me twice a day to update me. They are wonderful!

Can you add Firestar to the prayer list??????

Thank you all,

love,

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no Robin! He just can't be sick too! That's not fair!!
default_sad.png

I'll double up on the prayers for both your babies!

{{{{{{Robin}}}}}}

Prayers and good thoughts coming to you from Arkansas. These babies can break your heart.

Lisa

Double prayers
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
coming your way.......... I am so sorry, I am sure you must be so stressed! Does the vet know why he would be septic? Hang in there and keep us updated!

I will add both your babies to my prayers and while I'm at it I will be praying for you as well Robin.

Tammie~

Oh no, Robin! I agree with REO, that's just not fair! Double prayers for both coming your way!

Aw, I'm sorry to read that you have two sick babies. I hope they turn around soon for you...

Liz

Oh heavens No, that is just awful. I'm so sorry you and your babies have to go through this. This is every ones nightmare I think. I will keep your little ones in my prayers too. Don't forget to take care of yourself during all of this. You need to stay strong now.

You got a double whammy this year. Sure hope his is minimal and he improves at home, I know what the vet bills look like once they leave your barn... Prayers for them both.

Jan

Robin,

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this heartach. Is there something on your farm like perhaps the water, or something the mares have that would give you two septic foals.

I would ask the vet so that you can track it down and hopefully clear it up before you have another foal.

My thought and prayers are with you!!

Oh no that just awful! Sure hope they get both straightened out soon. Jen

Robin, so sorry to hear you all are going through this. Here come some more prayers for the babies to bounce back quickly, and that there will be no more of this going on!

OH my gosh Robin I am way behind in reading the forum and didn't even realize you are having so much trouble. I am sooooo sorry! You just do not deserve all this. I really feel horrible for you. I do hope they will be ok! I'm going to be thinking of you.

[SIZE=12pt]Prayers and well wishes for you and your babies
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
I'm so sorry you're going through this
default_sad.png
[/SIZE]

I hope it all turns out ok.

Joy

Back