New baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperhill

Reaction score
Peppers Peanut Buster Parfait was born a few days ago. His mother is a cremello and his father is a buckskin. At first glance I felt confident that I had a little cremello foal. Today I got him out in the sun for the first time and much to my surprise he is a minimal pinto! Can that happen? The mare is a descendant of Fishers Jim Dandy who was a black and white pinto, but he would be her grand sire, and her sire was a grey. Peanuts dad is a buckskin that has white socks to the knee on all four legs. All I know about him is that his father was a buckskin, and his mother is sorrel.

Peanut has white socks on all 4 legs, and a white splash on one shoulder about 3" in diameter. The white on his rear legs goes up the back of his legs into white stripes that go almost up to his tail on both sides. His mane and tail are much darker than his dams, too. I have never seen a cremello foal before so I am unfamiliar with what they look like at birth. Is this darker mane and tail normal? I didn't even know they came in pintos!

Here are some pics. I really struggled to get it to show up on the camera I have. I think you can see what I mean.

PeanutandHoney1.jpg

2006Foals012.jpg

Peanutfindshislegs.jpg

Peanut.jpg

No you can not get a pinto out of two solids. That said I dont think he is cremello, I think he is a perlino. HE does look pinto thou, so either daddy isnt daddy or one of the parents is a pinto. If the buckskin is in deed dad and has no white, I would bet that mom is actually a pinto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever he is he is certainly a beauty! :aktion033:

Peppers Peanut Buster Parfait - great name. Yummy.

He is a doll and I can see the differences some in the pix, especially the back leg.

If I read it right, PAPA has stocking, Right? Those are probably pinto and that is where the pinto is coming from on the baby! And YES Cremello's can be pinto, color has no affect on color patterns what so ever. . .

To me, the mom or the baby dosent look cremello, either perlino or smoky cream!

Gage

Go to http://www.geocities.com/cattailcottageminis/doubletake.html you can see that colts pinto REAL good!

Gage

Latest posts

Back