Unsure of my mini's colour?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly Rae

Reaction score
Hi :)

So I got this little yearling a few months ago completely un-handled, along with a few others (Never handled either). I have tamed him down and cleaned him up and I cant figure out his coat colour.

I have been told he looks to be Silver Black Taffy, so I searched the coat colour and I dont quite agree, he looks too light to be that coat (But I don't have much knowledge on coat colours really, so they may be right) His mother is a chestnut pinto and his father is either a dark brown pinto or a Taffy. He looks to have pinto in him, (But again im no expert so I could be wrong) But he does have white in him. Ill add photos :) (Let me know if more photos are needed)

Thank-you!
default_yes.gif

No idea but he will look smashing all spruced up. You gonna show?
Thank-you :) I'd love to show, he is so intelligent, But I still need to repair my float to transport and honestly I know nothing about showing. It looks like loads of fun, I just cant find anything on the requirements, conditions, prices. Also, he isn't registered and I am unsure of the costs and requirements there too. I'm the only person in my family who has a passion for horses so my parents cant really help me. :)

Which shade, I'm not sure, but quite certain he has silver. And, pinto.

He looks like a Silver Black Tobiano to me.Tobiano would be the specific pinto pattern he carries. His coloring is quite similar to out 2014 gelding that tested EE aa nZ(homozygous black with one silver). Of course, the only way to know for sure is to have him color tested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I have had 7 people say he looks to be a Silver Black Tobiano so I'll just go with that :) Ill upload again when he sheds out :)

Latest posts

Back