New Baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylight_minis

Reaction score
Introducing.... Skylight's Silver Prince, and his proud mom, Bree. He was born March 30th while i was at work. Came home to a surprise! I know he may "look" palomino in the pics but he's acutually a silver dapple. His top line has a grey tint to it in person, some reason my camera makes him look more cream than he is. It is such a strange color its like light beige grey. Not gold but not tan either. He's now the 3rd silver dapple foal i've had. He does have 2 ice blue eyes but they may change to brown like Royce did last year. Royce is a silver dapple pinto that was born with Ice blue eyes i always thought the ice blue ment they stay blue but at about 2 months his eyes began to darken.
default_no.gif

princealert.jpg

princeawe.jpg

princeface.jpg

default_wub.png
congrats,

He is cutie.

The minis foals I have had with sky blue eyes have stay sky blue

He is cute.

What colour is the skin around his eyes?

Is that how you know what colour he is going to be?

Sorry to ask these questions if they are dumb but just trying to understand the colours.

Congratulations!!! He is a very striking color! Do you think he could be carrying the champagne gene?

He is cute.What colour is the skin around his eyes?

Is that how you know what colour he is going to be?

Sorry to ask these questions if they are dumb but just trying to understand the colours.
The color around his eyes is pink but it will darken up in about a week. I only know what color he'll be by the fact that i've had silver dapple foals in the past they are such a strange color. I'll have to take a pic of him not in the sunlight maybe you'll be able to see the true color better. I know when Lakota was born it took me several months to figure out his true color. He didnt have the grey over cast that Prince has but he was the same tanish color. He then lightened up to look palomino but neigher of Lakota's parents was a dilute so i knew that wasnt possible. Silver bay crossed with grullo. Lakota does darken up in the summer time he's a silver dapple dun pinto.

No champagne in his Prince's blood. Mom is silver bay and dad is palomino but dad throws a very low number of dilutes. I'll try to get better color pics of Prince's top line so you can see the tint better. I'll try to go ouut in the morning before the sun is out too bright. The sun just throws off his color because he's so light.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is very pretty. I also have horses with the silver dapple gene. Jimmy carried it but doesn't show it. No dapples on that boy. Koda I would guess is a black or chocolate dapple and Duckie is also a silver dapple but much darker than the normal. Not real sure what color she would be. Either way I love them.

He is going to be very impressive and you are so lucky to have such a wonderful little colt.

Latest posts

Back