New Baby need name!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sihri

Reaction score
My mini mare is going to have her foal probably in the next 24 hours. My husband who wants to name this baby has rejected every name I've come up with so far. Any suggestions?

Sire: Meri-den Sweet Jax color grey pinto (unsure if this is actual sire as I did not breed the mare)

Dam: Meri-den Princess Amber color sorrel (out of grey pinto and by a chestnut roan)

ITS A COLT

Baby's here was born at 11.58 pm is a pinto and eithier grey or a silver bey unsure of color will post pictures soon!

Mom seems to be doing well but wants to lay down and roll which I'm concerned about. Also one of the foals eyes does not seem to be normal at birth does any one know if new born mini foals have any eye problems?

update mom and baby are doing well, baby's nursing and already has mom wrapped around the little hoof. I posted pictures on the show your 2010 foals post please excuse the photo it was the best one i could get at this time (It's snowing here
default_unsure.png
) and they will stay inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. I always find that its easier to wait until the foal is born/you see what you're trying to name before you name it. Especially in this case when you could get a neat looking foal and have a name based off its color or a particular marking (a name may even just pop into your head/speak to you when you see the foal!). Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures!

But, since you asked for suggestions on names, if its a filly and resembles mom in color maybe just a simple combination of names to make Sweet Amber? If its a colt another simple combination of names to make Prince Jax? Not the best, but again, I'm always better if I can see the little namee first!

I hope your mare is just having afterbirth contractions that should subside after a while. Is she okay this morning? Sometimes a foal's eye could be puffy from the birth process. Check to see if the eyelid (lashes) are not folded inward. You were not specific about the eye problem.

Congrats on your foal.

I hope your mare is just having afterbirth contractions that should subside after a while. Is she okay this morning? Sometimes a foal's eye could be puffy from the birth process. Check to see if the eyelid (lashes) are not folded inward. You were not specific about the eye problem.Congrats on your foal.

One eye is normal and brown the other is an odd color almost white but the foal does seem to be able to see out of it could it be that this little one could have one brown and one blue eye? Mom does seem to be better now.

[SIZE=10pt]I hope your mare is doing better, and the foal is nursing well. You may want to have your vet check the eye. If there is a problem it could accelerate quickly, and treatment may be very simple.[/SIZE]

Name suggestions:

we have a sorrel pinto mare named Amber Lace, and it fits her!Or how about Amber Rose?

Amber Moon?

Amber Dancer?

Jazzy Lady?

Jazz Dancer?

default_wub.png
Congrats! Looked at the picture of the sweet baby on the 2010 foals post. Is this a filly or a colt?

default_wub.png
Congrats! Looked at the picture of the sweet baby on the 2010 foals post. Is this a filly or a colt?

I think it might be a colt but he's so small and not quite steady on his feet yet I'm not 100% sure most important is that both are ok so far so good. Thank you!

No frets, with those colors, I am sure your foal has one blue eye and one brown.
default_wink.png
(of couse, unless there are tears or mucus deposits like conjunctavitis, it is however, always good for for a vet to check the mare, foal and afterbirth).

Pull up the tail, one hole boy, a hole and a slit, its a girl.

Congrats!

I was also wondering if the description of the eye might mean one blue eye. Hope you, mom, and baby are adjusting well to all the "newness."

For a name let me suggest:

AMBERJAX LITE
default_472.gif
default_472.gif
default_472.gif

HALF PINT OF AMBERJAX
default_cheers.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_cheers.gif

ONE EYED JAX R WILD
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE]
pichorsedance-1.gif
Gorgious littel foal...

Not sure what your prefix is: so how about .... ________ Midnight Shadows

could you email me at THANKS : [email protected]

Thankyou everyone for the wonderful name suggestions It was diificult to pick just one. We've finally chosen a name for him.

Pending : Mid Nyte Magick Silver Shadows

Amber did have colic and became dehydrated after foaling so I did Have the vet come and both Amber and Shadow are doing just fine. Thankyou very much!!!!!

Back