New Artwork!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
Finally got some more stuff done and photos taken. The first two are Prismacolor drawings (I so HATE using those darn things!). I still don't quite have a grasp of how to best use them, but I'm improving. Photos of these two were just submitted to a Society of Illustrators competition. Even if I don't win money, if I can get published it could bring in work.
default_biggrin.png

First is a distortion of buck Bob Thornton (hey, gave me an excuse to stare at his photo for days
default_wink.png
: ):

304859071.jpg

Next is a self-portrait. Something isn't QUITE right with the bridge of the nose, but it's close).

304859079.jpg

Then is an oil painting I FINALLY finished (about 2am this morning). I have been staring at this painting for 6 months now (afraid I'd ruin it if I kept working on it), but it's finally finished. I used a LOT Of medium on it so that it would dry more quickly (need it just about dry to submit to a show tomorrow) so it's real shiny. Hard to take a photo of it without the right equipment.

305512177.jpg

(posted a better photo of the geese)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice work! Best of luck in the show and hope the viewing of these pieces brings a lot more work your way.

WoW Those are VERY nice!! Great job!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wink.png

Thanks guys! It's been a busy semester for me, but well worth it.

Even better news......I just got a phone call and the two paintings I submitted to a show on Saturday (the geese shown above and a nubian dairy goat I painted this summer) have been accepted in the show! The show opens Friday so cross your fingers........I'll find out Friday if they won anything!

Okay, I did get some "semi-secret" news last night. The instructor I took the class from this some whispered a "congratulations" to me. I think he thought I knew the results. He then said that 1st, 2nd and Grand all came from that class. After he said that he realized I didn't know anything beyond the fact that my paintings were going to be in the show and clammed up. SO, it's very possible that at least something will have come from my entry. I'll know after 6pm on Friday (it's going to be a LONG week!).

How cool......my very first juried art show!

I can't wait to hear the results! Your work is truly amazing!!!

PS... Can you explain your avatar? I keep staring at it
default_biggrin.png

PS... Can you explain your avatar? I keep staring at it
default_biggrin.png
It's just a quick snippet from Lord of the Rings. Without sound, it looks like he's saying (very clearly) "potatoes", but of course he isn't.

WOW!!!!! Your artwork is amazing. How lucky you are to have this talent!!

Results are in........2nd Best in Show with the geese!! There was some excellent work there and I would have bought the Best in Show piece in a heartbeat if I could afford it (if it were available). Actually, there were a few of the works that I would have loved to have!! I'm more than a little pleased!!

Back