Recent Artwork (in progress)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
I haven't posted in ages, but I've been doing a lot of artwork (various types) and I thought I'd share some of my recent work. I'll be taking quite a few art classes this year; studio classes and an AP Art History class.

First, here's a piece I meant to share months ago, as it was done in school and still isn't finished. I took my first ceramics class this past year, and decided to make things difficult for myself, creating this rather large horse head! I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

It's hollowed out, it's actually going to be a lamp, and once it's fired, there will be colored marbles in the eye sockets for colored light to come through the eyes. It will also shine through the nostrils, and a piece of clay will be covering the throat-latch so that it doesn't come through that open area. A wire will run from inside the head down the inside of the neck, which is already hollowed out in the crest area. When it's been fired, rather than glazing it, I'm going to hand paint it with oils to make it look more realistic.

Please remember, it still has work to go, details to be added, etc.

hrfrro.jpg

2gww09k.jpg

jsmsyv.jpg

Next are two drawings. One was finished a few days ago, and the horse was done start to finish yesterday as a going-away present for a friend. They were both done using a 0.3 mm black ballpoint pen.

Ram

abh741.jpg

And a horse for a friend. It was a bit rushed but for the time I had to do it, I'm satisfied. It's smaller than the ram; only 5"x7".

2emgaoo.jpg

And finally, a sneak peek at my painting project that I've been working on on and off for ages! It's a 30"x40" canvas, done with acrylics in my abstract style. Not a good photo at all, sorry!

kdo0w8.jpg

Thanks for looking and allowing me to share!

Rebecca

WOW!!! I love it, especially the sculpture! I don't think you'd have a hard time marketing those types of pieces (the sculpture, drawings and the painting) if you ever decided to do so! Just so beautiful!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice
default_yes.gif
I'd like to take some art classes one day, when I have some time.

wow, very talented. I totally want that horse sculpture. very nice, I can't want to show my daughter, she is an aspiring artist at the age of 14 and is very interested in sculpting. Very nice, thanks for sharing...
default_aktion033.gif

OMG, your art is out of this world! Do you sell your work? I am a forever fan!

They are awesome. Especially the sculpture, but they are all great!!! Congrats!

Your sculpture looks SO much like the ones I did in high school! How I miss clay!!!! You're doing very well!!!!!

Love your ink drawings too!

Never let your spark for Art die out as you get older. Keep the flame going!!!

WELL DONE!
default_aktion033.gif

OMG, your art is out of this world! Do you sell your work? I am a forever fan!
I've designed tattoos for friends, but other than that I haven't been paid for my work. I could, of course, start somewhere if there's interest!
default_wink.png

Wow, what a great response! You are all very encouraging. I'll be sure to show more of my work here as it appears! I love what I do. Thank you all very much. I intend on pursuing studio arts and possibly equine studies in college after taking a gap year to travel.

Rebecca

You are very talented, all your pieces are very unique and original, I especially like the Ram one.

That's a lot of talent in so many different mediums! What an amazing gift !
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back