New Appy mare!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendyluvsminis

Reaction score
silk22.jpg
silkstockings.jpg

We have just taken delivery on a new Pintaloosa mare from Ourfarms in Kentucky. This is Salty Creek Silk Stockings, by Winner's Circle Wampum. She is in foal to a Buckskin Leopard stallion, Mtn Springs Buckeroo Spotted Dandy .

ourfarmstud.jpg

We have mostly pinto mares, and really don't know much about Appy coloring. What are her chances of producing a Leopard foal? Should she be bred to Leopards for maximum color?

I cant answer your question but my husbands uncle owned

Shadow Oaks Freckles

he was a Leopard

Well you know what I think of her.
default_wub.png
I'm probably even more lost on appy colorations than you are, but it seems to me you've got a lot of different possibilities. Can't wait to see her (and soon her foal!) in person.

Congrats!

Breeding to a leopard does not guarantee you will get one, or color at all. That's life in the Appy world. You just never know!

what a beautiful mare!

as for color, dont know much about appy's but i do know producing color with appy's is iffy, you dont what you really get till its born!

good luck:)

CONGRATULATIONS on your new mare!
default_wub.png

Please post a pic when the foal is on the ground! Should be an interesting coloring!

Back