New appaloosa mini mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
This is "Lot-a-dot Prissy Britches" (don't blame me for her name!) She was a pretty-much untouched pasture horse/broodmare - Poor thing went from that directly into my "beauty salon" yesterday, getting clipped (just head, neck belly and a little on the legs) and then - horrors - bathed and blanketed for probably the first time in her life!
default_rolleyes.gif

Prissy1web.jpg

She's a little taller than I want (37" makes her our tallest mare), but I love how "horsey" she looks! Farrier tomorrow and then she can go back to having us leave her alone a little more. She was out with a young snowcap stallion but isn't checked yet to see if she's in foal yet.... she doesn't look it.. but she's also pretty sucked up from being nervous about being in a new place with new rules! <grin> If not, we'll breed her to Appy in the spring!

Prissy4web.jpg

Prissy2web.jpg

I wasn't really looking to get any more horses, but something about her just made me "gotta"!
default_rolleyes.gif

Prissy5web.jpg

Congrats!! I know that feeling well. I always say whats 1 more, lol.

Very nice mare you have, we like SPOTS too... and we have all sizes of miniatures from 31 inches to 37 inches, some are ASPC/AMHR also, alittle variety but I do like a nice looking appaloosa and they are finally getting some attention at the AMHR Nationals in the last few years. We just purchased another appaloosa mare that is bred and looking forward to spring for sure, congrats on your new girl, if you ever get tired of looking at her, I would gladly take her, hee hee.
default_smile.png

Congratulations on a very pretty
default_wub.png
girl. If you every get tired of looking at her you can just send her up my way.
default_wink.png

wow..now THATS some spots on that girl!!!! Great choice...I also have the wide range of sizes..from 29 to 37...although both my 37s throw small....amyway...whatever her size she is awesome!

I LOVE that mare, its no secret im not a appy person BUT i just love this mare! Please post some pics of this mare come spring, any in between !!!!

Well, I met "Prissy" yesterday. K told me that she was not used to people but after cleaning her stall I just couldn't resist seeing if I could scritch her! Well, within about 5 minutes she had gotten into the corner and actually kept turning to look at me. She didn't seem too nervous so I proceeded very slowly. Soon I was scratching her neck & withers (she wasn't sure if she liked it or not), leading her around by the halter and even getting some "mouth". She definitely has a good head on her so I think she'll fit in just fine.
default_smile.png

You could paint that girl a solid color and she would still be drop-dead gorgeous, but those sports are an incredible icing on the cake!

I just bet she's going to love the good life and pampering and turn into a pocket pet. Then when you show her what a handsome husband she's going to have -- !!!

She is very pretty. So is the backdrop. What is the story of it?

WOW I can see why you couldn't NOT get her - very nice mare!!

I believe the backdrop was done by Sixstar Danes... maybe a joint effort but remb her posting about Saber visiting and Rachel painting - that AWESOME talented lady that she is
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back