New appaloosa mini mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I painted the basic background and then several months later (a few weeks ago) Rachel & John helped me add the highlights... It was a project of mine for a year or so (had it in mind for several years, just finally got around to it!) It blocks a confusing (to the camera) view of the back of our barn and pipe corrals, and covers the gate area so the big horses quit hanging over and through the fence right there.

It's basically 3 upright sheets of plywood/waferboard and then a half sheet over the gate - so a total of 16 feet wide and 8 feet tall.

Last edited by a moderator:
The backdrop was a joint collaboration.

Karen painted the base of it and the trees.

They were flat and she wanted more to it so my hubby & I got "Huckleberried" into helping
default_wink.png

We added blendings/highlights/shadows to the trees and texture to the ground.

I also painted a lil frog in one of the trees that Karen said she outlined since it was very camoflagued

but I have yet to see.

Turned out nicely. I think it helps pop of the ponies.

Congrats on your new gal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!!
default_smile.png

I also have a 37" Lot-A-Dot mare! Lot-A-Dot Queen, who is in foal to my leopard stallion VFG El Arlequin
default_smile.png
Here is my girl

confetti98-3-8.jpg

Jessi

Yes, I definitely would have too. She is one BEAUTIFUL mare. Any time you get tired of looking at those spots you can just send her to Kentucky.

Latest posts

Back