NEW ADDITION TO JNK MINIATURES ---> PICS ADDED!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
First of all I want to thank Randy & Penny Ketterman from Lil Ponderosa Miniatures for trading their beautiful AMHA/AMHR Sorrel Tobiano + Splash (and maybe Sabino?) 2008 Model Junior Mare with me for my AMHR Black Splash Overo Mare yesterday afternoon. They are wonderful people and produce beautiful horses. I am wanting her to be my halter show mare for 2011 & 2012 and I am going to need a little bit of help.

SECOND OF ALL, I WILL BE POSTING PICTURES (WOOLY) TONIGHT!

She was named "Freedom" but I have since decided to name her "Fashion" for her beauty, attitude and flashy movement and coloration - it suits her perfectly. She is a VERY upright/alert and a bit nervous/flighty around new things but heck she's only been here one day and she's never lived anywhere else than where she was born. She already knows how to set up BEAUTIFULLY and she KNOWS how to use her shoulder, neck & head and she works hard to stretch out. My main thing is, how should I go about keeping her focused on me, even when other things are "boogering" her? Also, how should I go about desensitizing her to various things - I plan on using Natural Horsemanship with her just like my others, but she is a bit more timid/flighty than my others but I am sure thats coming a bit from being in a new home.

Thanks so much guys, as always!

Here's pictures taken today --- do you think she likes to S.....T.....R......E.....T....C.....H?

*******JUST ADDED BABY PICTURE*********

IMG_8936-2-1-1.jpg

3bba6aaaae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I try not to de-sensitize mine too much as I don't want them to be a dead-head in the ring. I like mine to be on edge some, seems easier to get their ears that way too. She does like to stretch that neck!

Latest posts

Back