Neighbors mini stolen :(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Just got off the phone with a neighbor of mine that had a miniature horse stolen a couple days ago. His owner is very upset and offering a reward if anyone kind find him and who took him. I told him I would post here just in case anyone sees this horse show up at an auction etc. His name is Captain (intact stallion) and hes solid black with a white snip and one blue eye. 10 years old. Huge double mane and very long tail. He was stolen right from his paddock. His owner says hes very friendly and will pretty much follow anyone. Im going to see if I can get an email picture of him.

Horse was stolen from Thornville Ohio

Now im scared to death for my horses! Luckily mine are very close to the house with only one gate so it would be pretty hard to get one but you never know. Scarey stuff

Last edited:
Kay,

I had a message left on my answering maching wanting to know if I was missing one of my horses as a friend of the caller had found one on a neighboring road. It had a halter on but don't know the sex nor the color. This was yesterday morning so it could be the same horse I guess. If you email me the people's name and number I will be happy to give them the information that I have.

Bump.
default_sad.png

awe thats horrible!! i hope the horse is found. to bad i live so far away or i would look! good luck !!
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Kay, we're going to Mt Hope this saturday so i will keep an eye out in the mini section. We may be going to Sugarcreek Friday to so will look around.

Let us know if the horse Arlene found is him or keep us posted. I will keep my eye open for sure.

I havent heard anything back from arlene or the owner so far. Ill let you guys know if i do. Thanks so much leeanna

I called the people that left me a message and they are checking it out. The description does not match very well but then some people don't know colors and they had no details other than it had a halter on. I will post the outcome when they get back with me. This would be a pretty good distance for the horse to travel but not saying that someone could not have hauled there and dropped him off. Will just have to wait and see.

I called the people that left me a message and they are checking it out. The description does not match very well but then some people don't know colors and they had no details other than it had a halter on. I will post the outcome when they get back with me. This would be a pretty good distance for the horse to travel but not saying that someone could not have hauled there and dropped him off. Will just have to wait and see.
Well, BLACK is black....no matter how you look at it. Should be easy to tell if it's at least the right color. Sure hope it turns out to be the one who's missing.
default_yes.gif
:

Were going to an auction this Saturday here in Michigan which is not too far from you guys. I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

Leya

no word yet. I did see a flyer with the horse and he is sunbleached so could be mistaken for brown. I did tell the owner to also put him on netposse, so im hoping he did. I emailed askign for a picture but not sure how much the owner uses email as I havent heard back

thanks for all your well wishes i know the owner is really devastated over this

I'll go to Shipshewana tomorrow......what would I do if I saw one like him?

Maxine,

It's in Croswell, which is in the thumb area. It's held at the Croswell stock yards and it's a tack and horse auction every month. It's nice to get out of the house and go do something, so I ask hubby to take me and he will but makes me promise not to come home with anything but a halter or maybe a bucket!
default_wink.png
: LOL!

Leya

edited to add: if your out this way and decide to come let me know and I'll keep my eyes open for ya! Always fun to meet forum friends! :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I microchip all my horses and take current pictures every year both in wither coat and Summer. Minis are just too easy to lift and they are cute and they'll go to most anyone with a handfull of grain or grass.......heck, most will get into the backseat of a car if offered food!

Microchipping for me is a personal thing and gives me the security of knowing most animal control agencies have scanners, and since mine are registered with the HOME AGAIN system, if someone is scanned they will call me, fax me, or contact my vet or husband at work, 24 hours a day.

PLUS meat processing plants CANNOT kill a horse with a microchip without having a signed letter from the recorded owner saying the horse is surrendered.

Latest posts

Back