Neighbor Saved My Horses Life

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do Mini therapy right in your own neighborhood.How great.This would make a nice story for MHW or the new Mini magazine Showcase and some photos of your neighbor with the horse printed in a publication would surely bring a big smile to her face.Thanks for sharing such a nice story.

That was so wonderful! I'm crying too. My first thought was PLEASE send that to the Miniature Horse World!!

I'm so glad it turned out that way and that Skillet got help. You do have a great neighbor!

If you are good on the computer... maybe you could make her a "Hero" award and frame it. I bet she would like that. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful neighbor!!!!

Glad your horse is ok!!

Robin

That is the cutest story I have ever heard!

Get those binoculars and also a children's telescope would be adorable too!

wow. add me to the list of those with tears in their eyes just from reading this! what a great neighbor, and how kind of you to build this incident into a true friendship!!!

I would feel the same way if I were housebound. Who needs a mango tree when you can have horses to look at!
i totally agree!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely story, very sorry about the horse but thrilled he was saved. I would think "if" she can hold the binoculars before buying. I would be tempted to do a weekly walk over so she could touch and pet and maybe give a treat. You've given her a gift of great measure by just having them for her to see and love. Everyone needs a reason to get out of bed and your babies are hers. I'm all choked up over how nice this ended up. Glad the tree is gone. Perhaps you could speak with her son and offer to help in some small way or make her a meal with a lovely dessert?

gave me the chills what a lovely story

I hope if/when I'm too old to do anything but sit I have some lovely minis to watch all day

so glad you found such a great neighbor and it makes you feel good to share the love of your minis

God Bless Her and you for appreciating her

Lori

Heidi, that is just a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it with us and like Robin I think it would be great to send it to AMHA World magazine so that it can be shared around the world. You wouldn't even have to rewrite! It's beautiful just like it is!

What a blessing that you have a wonderful neighbor and she does too!

Charlotte

Today was the first full day for the horses to return to the Mango pasture. Im not sure what it was but they were really acting like little devils for most of the day. Every time I looked out at them some one was getting ready to bite someone else, play kicking and just being frisky. It was a little cooler today than it has been and I am sure they were enjoying that....but maybe they were really trying to give Nancy something to smile about. Went over to visit her earlier this evening and told her that I will lunge them in the Mango pasture tomorrow and if I can get air in my cart tire I will drive Skillet to her house tomorrow too....maybe she has a portable oxygen tank and she can come too. Will have to check with the nurse before suggesting it to her !! I just LOVE my new friend, Heidi

Wow! What a wonderful story. I'm so glad your horse is okay! It just sounds like your horses bring such light into your neighbor's otherwise restricted life. I think the binoculars are a wonderful idea.....I also think she'd like a close up visit also!

It was meant to be.
default_yes.gif
: Isn't it wonderful how your Minis have brought so many people together, who didn't know each other before.
default_wub.png
:

This is definitely a story for "Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul".

And I'm sure that ANY publication....Miniature Horse related or not....would love to get their hands on it! :aktion033:

default_wub.png
: I don't know if that falls under the category of "Random act of kindness" or not..probably MUCH more than that eh? I've always felt that these sefless acts are returned in kind, and always will.

What a wonderful neighbor and yes most definatly gift her with a lightweight paur of good binoculars!

How bout we start a "best of forum" section with nothing but unexpected acts of kindness posts?

Good for you for continueing that friendship!

Maxine

We never know how ours lives can change others....
default_wub.png
:

Thanks for sharing and so glad you are taking the time to take your minis over to your neighbour.

Great story, great outcome and yes, please, do share it with the Miniature publications.
default_smile.png

Thank you for sharing it here, too.

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back