Need your help/ideas - Mystery colt born - can't get any information

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baptism

Reaction score
Here's the story - - - In early June last year 2011 we got a very nice mini mare. We did not know at the time that the mare was about 15 days pregnant. I thought the mare was the only mini this woman had. On April 21, this year, we were very surprised to find the most beautiful, perfect, little palomino pinto colt (one blue eye) in the pasture when we went out to feed in the morning.

We have had horses for 32 years and did not even suspect the mare was pregnant. Also, we have no stallions or geldings that could have sired our little surprise. The colt was 19" at birth and built fine and perfect so we are quite sure his sire is a miniature. We know nothing about his sire and would like some information but we cannot locate the woman we bought the mare from. The email I had last year is not getting results. I tried posting on Craigs List for information, no response. I mailed a letter because I know the Post Office forwards first class mail for one year and have received no response. If any of you can help me locate the woman we got this mare from I sure would appreciate it. We'd like to solve this little guy's mystery.

The woman we got the mare from is named Alicia Johnson (husband's possibly Mark, not sure). They moved from Barnum, Minnesota in mid June(2011) to Joplin, MO, just to the east of Joplin. This was just after the terrible tornado. Alicia trains horses and took 4 full size horses with on the move. (Quarter Horses I think.) She planned on training in the Joplin area. For some reason I think she might also have worked in a nursing home but not sure on that either. If I could get an address for her or a phone number I sure would appreciate it. It would help solve the mystery of our little colt.

Tough situation.

I suggest you contact Jamie Sweeney (JMS Miniatures - here on the forum) and ask for her help. She lives in that area and knows people. If this person came to town with horses or wanted to pick up training clients, it's likely the feed stores and/or vets heard of her. Jamie can ask around. She's very nice and I'm sure would be happy to help you.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back