Need your favorite finger food recipes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckymeacres

Reaction score
Hubby and I are going to a dance tonight. Everyone is suppose to bring a snack type finger food to pass, any suggestions???

I dont eat this all that often but.. used to make it all the time for parties and it was a huge hit take hmm not sure of spelling a package of that kulbaska (sp) stuff and sliceit up into small sizes that can be picked up with a toothpick.. put it in a large pan on very very low heat and add cherry pie filling cook for quite a while on low heat till sauce gets thick

Ok don't gag BUT:

Make some small meatballs (know how? or buy them) and then mix 1 bottle of chili sauce and 1 small jar of grape jelly, generic brands are fine. Mix as many as needed to cover the meat balls deeply. Heat it to hot so the jelly melts and mixes. Stick it in a fondue or slow cooker add the meat balls and mix. Serve with long toothpicks and lots of napkins.

I KNOW it sounds weird? yucky? BUT I promise they are to die for! Folks will ask for the recipe but only give it if they LOVE em otherwise they'll
smileypuke.gif

Small rounds of Canadian Bacon with chunks of pineapple rolled up inside and held together with a toothpick.

A big plastic divided tray/dish with sweet pickles, dill pickles, black olives and green olives.

And if all else fails, go to the deli dept at your grocery store and buy a vegie tray with dip!

MA

aktion033.gif
Stuffed celery Good with cream cheese or with peanut butter. Another good thing is a little harder but great: take large totillas and spread with cream cheese then sprinkle some with black olives., some with green olives some with a mix of the two, and some with chopped nuts then rolls up like jelly rolls and slice. these are so good that I usually make a triple batch, and I've never had to bring any home yet.

A couple of things I like:

Take a flour tortilla and spread it with cream cheese. Place a thin slice of ham on one half and then take a pickle or pickled asparagus and roll it up. Then slice the roll up.

Another idea is to take the Hickorey farms little smokies and pillsbury crescent rolls. Cut up the crescent rolls into smaller crescents. Spread with mustard and then roll up the little smokies and bake(I think it's 375 for about 15 minutes). They're really yummy!

Latest posts

Back