Need some prayer and support

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormy

Reaction score
M old stallion, 29 this year, is slipping away on us. Stormy (my forum namesake) has not eaten in over a week on his own. Have had him in to the vet, had a stomach tube in for a while but he didn't tolerate that well at all, have been syringe feeding several times a day. He is his normal active showoff self but has eaten nothing. Blood work normal, no fever, what teeth he has left are good, was scoped and found nothing wrong in his airway or throat, is on ulcer meds, yogurt and liquified equine senior. Can not bear thinking of loosing this boy. First mini I ever showed, we went on the Michigan sesquacentenial wagon train together too. Please send some prayers up for my old friend!

Indigo2004.jpg

For sure, we will pray for "thy will be done".

I can hear your love in your tribute to him. He has had a good life with you.

OMG, this is what I dread with Rabbit.......sweetie, I shall be thinking of you, I do know how hard it is to have this sprung on you, but I also think he is trying to tell you something.

Maybe it is time to let go????

I think I would take him home, myself, if the Vets really cannot find anything wrong.....

My prayers and thoughts are with you. This is a time that we all will see one day and just be with them and comfort them. Tammy

I am so sorry for you and your boy. I hope he comes out of it. I wish they could tell us what is wrong with them. So happy he has such a great life with you. I am sorry you don't have answers.

I went through this with my 32 year old Arab in December, word for word, and know what you're going through. I truly felt his body was peacefully shutting down and was prepared to let him go but the vet talked me into oiling him instead of putting him to sleep on that last visit and he did start eating the next day. I'm still not sure it was the right thing to do as he was perfectly content to be passing on and now he's stuck here marking time in this painful body, but hey. If you've tried a feeding tube and nothing is working, bring him home. He's happy. Let him make his decision (one way or the other) with peace and dignity. He's been a good friend to you for a lot of years.

I'm sorry you're going through this heartbreaking experience. It hurts that their lives are shorter than ours.
default_crybaby.gif

Leia

I know this is so hard for you. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could keep them forever? He will treasure every moment he has with you I am sure. These are the toughest times we must all go through. I trust you will make the right decisions and listen to him when he asks to go. I will be thinking of you and hoping this is just a small bump in the road and will smooth out quickly.

We were hoping after talking with you on Saturday that things were going to get better for Stormy. Your trying so hard to help him and I can't think of anything else that would help. We'll keep you both in our thoughts and prayers.

Keeping Stormy and you in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart goes out to you. I lost my old beloveds. They told me it was time for them to go and then they left. It hurt SO much!!

I hope it isn't, but IF it is indeed Stormy's time, I hope he goes in peace. One thing is for sure, he's very loved!

My thoughts and prayers are with you both now.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry to hear about Stormy and I pray that his health improves....[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
When Is It Time?

by Kit McCallum

When is it time to say goodbye,

To all the love I've known,

When is it time to end your pain,

And leave me all alone?

I've watched you on your good days when

I feel your strength renewed;

But shortly after little ups,

The down days then ensue.

We ride this roller-coaster of