Need some prayer and support

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so, so very sorry you are facing this tough situation. My friends joke that we have a "geriatric" farm here-lots of our horses are getting older. I just can't bear to see them go somewhere else, so I dread the day I have to face what you face now. It will be like losing a member of our "family". My heart goes out to you. Keeping you and your special mini in my prayers.

default_no.gif
I'm sorry you are going thru this...{{{HUGS}}} to you and your ol' guy. May you both find peace and freedom in whichever route you choose.

Rebel...that was just beautiful...I'm crying here
default_crybaby.gif

words cannot express how sorry i am to hear that this handsome gentleman is having a hard time... when we loose a fur kid... its horrible... i hope that you can think of all your wonderful times with him im sure he is remembering them also! ((HUGS)))

My heart goes out to you with what may be a very hard decision for you to make. Follow your heart and do what is best for Stormy. I can especially relate to you as I have a 31 years old mare this year who is blind and her time will come and I will be feeling just like you are now. Saying a prayer for you and Stormy right now.

Joyce

Gentle prayers for your beautiful old boy. Stay strong....you and him have a special bond and that will guide you.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your old Gentleman........ He'll let you know what's right to do by the look in his eyes and expression of his face. And you'll know in your heart.

Sending big hugs and compassion for your plight. It is devastating to lose our old friends. So many people in our lives can never understand, "It's just a horse (dog, cat...)" But we know better. A piece of our heart goes with each one.

Sending prayers and hugs your way.

This horse is quite important to me as well though I have never ment him... I am so so sorry to hear about this. I hope that he is alright. I know he is in good hands with you. My best wishes and gratitude for this boy and yourself...

I'm so sorry, I know how hard this must be. Just know that whatever happens, he has had a great long life! Prayers to you and Stormy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Stormy in this difficult time.
default_sad.png

I have been given a little hope, prayers do have power! I stopped and picked up a bag of alfalfa cubes on the way home. Hadn't tried them before because he has no bottom molars left, has been on equine senior for a long time. Anyway I soaked them broke them up and put them in with Stormy, he buried his head in that bucket up to his eyeballs! I can not tell if he is actually eating the hay but drank off all the "tea" and when I added more water and stirred it up he drank it off again. I hope this will get him some nutrition, for sure it is hydrating him....maybe enough to get him passed whatever is bothering him???

For those who wondered Stormy has never left home. I am fortunate to have a background in Animal Health and have been able to care for him here in his private paddock under his favorite mulberry tree. Whatever comes of this he is in his home and happy.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts, and the poem is very special.

I have been given a little hope, prayers do have power! I stopped and picked up a bag of alfalfa cubes on the way home. Hadn't tried them before because he has no bottom molars left, has been on equine senior for a long time. Anyway I soaked them broke them up and put them in with Stormy, he buried his head in that bucket up to his eyeballs! I can not tell if he is actually eating the hay but drank off all the "tea" and when I added more water and stirred it up he drank it off again. I hope this will get him some nutrition, for sure it is hydrating him....maybe enough to get him passed whatever is bothering him???
Since he seems interested in the alfalfa cube "tea", perhaps a change in senior feeds would entice him also. Just a thought, you'd think they'd get bored with the same thing everyday, so perhaps a different brand of senior would be tasty.

Glad to hear he has an interest in food.

Glad to hear that he is drinking the alfalfa "tea". That's a positive sign for sure. Prayers continue to go out to you and your little man
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back