need some input

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so much more exciting than The Young & The Restless, I can't wait to hear what happens next!
default_yes.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Now that is too funny....

Dang Charlene..... I hope you sanitized everything known to man. I know I would have had to take a peek too!!! Has she ever said anything about bringing her brats to work?????

That is the most disgusting thing ever.
default_smileypuke.gif
default_smileypuke.gif
I am sure her hubby and kids would be very proud of her. Wait til she takes home a STD to her hubby!!!! Then the s--t will hit the fan!!!!!

LOL! she brought her daughter to work on monday. but since i password-protected my computer, she could not get online. not a single word was said, i did not get a phone call at home wondering what was "wrong" with my computer. i think maybe she finally got the hint about THAT little problem!

as for that "other" stuff, it could work either way. HE could bring one home to HER. yeah, that's right. they BOTH "indulge". brb, i have to go
default_smileypuke.gif
again!
default_new_shocked.gif

OMG, Charlene! I'm so sorry you have to put up with this...

I swear your co-worker is a young relative of my neighbor...TM-Disgusting-I. Gag...here I thought it would be great having a horsey neighbor, but instead she's just a horse's a__!

I have to wonder, with Amy's proclivities, does she let her kids use her own computer? Or did she have them use yours to hide what was on hers?

Well, I'm hooked on the soap opera, yet I hope it resolves well and soon for your sanity!

Will Amy leave her computer on again while she goes to lunch?

Will Liz finally decide enough is enough??

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of As The Stomach Turns.

(Charlene please note that since tomorrow is Friday you gotta come up with a real cliff-hanger for your audience. )
default_laugh.png

default_wink.png

I thought it would be great having a horsey neighbor, but instead she's just a horse's a__!
Susanne, my dad always says "There are more horse's a**es in the world than there are horses." And, unfortunately, he's right!

i have the office to myself today. since amy is having surgery on the 21st and will be out for 6 weeks, i plan to go through her files and put things in order since she doesn't seem to have the time or the inclination to do it herself. at least then, when clients call about their cases, i can give them a little information rather than constantly telling people i have no idea what's going on. i'm so tired of covering for her.

she has her own "account" on her home computer. she did tell me recently that one of her "friends" is getting her a laptop so she can keep everything private and away from prying eyes.
default_smileypuke.gif

i'm on the verge of flipping burgers at hardee's. :DOH!

I thought your boss had asked her to come into work today? I understand your desire to help clients--even when they're not the ones you cover--but I am iffy about you doing Amy's work for her. I guess if she's gone for six weeks you're not going to have a choice though. Shame your boss couldn't hire a "temporary" replacement...

amy scheduled all of her pre-op tests for today. gee, imagine that. i'll cover for her while she's out for this surgery but i have already made up my mind, that will be it. if i'm forced to do her work, as well as my own, when she returns, i'll be among the ranks of the unemployed. i'd be money ahead to quit and stay home anyway.

Boy, that girl knows how to play the system doesn't she? She knows she can't be fired because she could say she was "let go" because of her medical condition. Sounds like she will keep dumping on you. Six weeks is a long time and I would be telling your boss you want help with ALL of Amy's work that it is to much for you to do by yourself. As far as your boss goes...she is no better...and is dumping on you too! She should have temp help to at least help with the lighter stuff. What would happen IF YOU got sick? If you are going to leave I would demand help anyway, Charlene. Sorry to rant but they are both using you!

Remember, too, the more you know how to run the office without Amy, the more Liz will not need Amy (in case you did want more hours, etc.). Just puts you in the driver's seat, no need for the lysol
default_cheekkiss.gif

minie, i know i'm being used. amy's been running the show around here for a long time. at this point, i'm just too exhausted to worry any more about it. however, after amy gets back from this medical leave of absence, things are either gonna change or i'm walking out of here.

jill, i already work from 7:30 to 4:30, 4 days a week. i definitely don't want more hours. we went to 4-day work weeks waaaay back when gas started going up. so yeah, now i'm gonna be working 5 days/week for 6 weeks PLUS doing the work of 2 people. when i think about it, i'm gonna be going in the hole!
default_wacko.png

calgon, take me awaaay!!

Gad girl...your gonna need a vacation when this is all done and over with...maybe YOU should plan to be gone for a medical leave as soon as Amy comes back...due to all the mental crap...and dump that back to her for a change. Wanna bet she looks for another job while she is on her "leave" cause she knows her time is limited there with being able to get away with stuff...hang tuff, girl
default_wink.png

You know, we have been joking about alot of this. But really Charlene, I can see why you are so stressed. Nobody likes to feel they are being taken advantage of, and I think you are.

I can see how you are grossed out by her lifestyle and such. All that does not make someone want to go to work everyday. It can start with something small, and just seem to snow ball, until you feel like your are suffocating. I hope the next 6 weeks prove to be stress free, and it gives you time to clear your head. Stay strong. If you like your job, don't let her be the reason you leave, you can outlast her!!!!!!!

((((HUGS))))

Kelly

kelly, you are exactly right. this all started with something minor but has snowballed way out of control. i had a long talk with my sister last night. she works in the corporate world in the big city and told me that this sort of thing would absolutely not be tolerated.

i stay caught up with my own work (because i arrive early and usually work through lunch hour), my desk is always clean and everything is in order and my clients are relatively happy (even the ones sitting in jail LOL). because of this, liz seems to think it's ok to start dumping amy's unfinished work on me. i am getting extremely resentful of this and i feel like i am being punished for being a good employee. i don't mean to toot my own horn but i do take a lot of pride in my work and the fact that i am efficient.

amy, on the other hand, has become totally slovenly. her desk is ALWAYS a mess, there are loose papers everywhere, files stacked to the ceiling, things either half done or not done at all. liz spends so much time in court, she is rarely in the office to see all of this. she doesn't see amy chatting in yahoo, doesn't see her pick up her cell phone every 5 minutes to send a text message, doesn't have a clue how much time she wastes.

i'm sure i could let a lot of this roll off my back were it not for the fact that emotionally, i am a wreck because i am going through the grieving process. everything seems multiplied by a thousand and i don't EVEN wanna know what my blood pressure is!!

i intend to call liz today and ask her to meet with me this weekend to talk about this. it's impossible to do during normal business hours because the phone won't stop ringing. something's gotta give here! i will NOT let my own work suffer just so i can cover for amy.
default_no.gif

Charlene --

That is a lot of hours!!! I had pictured you and Amy like splitting day shifts. I don't blame you for how you feel. I think once Liz has the full picture of "what's going on", she will do the right thing. Hopefully you'll have a NICE co-worker when all is said and done.

Jill

I hope Liz agrees to talking with you away from all the distractions at the office and she does something (whatever she thinks is appropriate) to help lighten things up a bit; whether it's giving Amy the boot, sitting down and having a serious talk with her, or having a temp come in while she's off. Unfortunately with a 2 girl office things always tend to get pushed off on the one who's there when the other one is gone. Good luck with your talk and if it doesn't happen spend extra time with your critters and get it off your mind for a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back