need some input

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been following this whole thing
default_no.gif
, it seems as though Amy thinks you two are friends, she tells you personal things and emails you to tell you whats happening. Regarding the emails I don't think you should show Liz. It sounds as though enough has been done.

amy is young enough to be my daughter. we are not "friends" in the sense that we socialize outside the office other than the occasional lunch together. we have very little in common. unfortunately, for me, she seems to think i WANT to hear about her "lifestyle" so since she spilled her guts to me, now she brings it up often. i will have to simply tell her i do not want to hear about it. i have not said anything up to this point because i thought my indifference to her stories would be hint enough but apparently, it isn't.
default_no.gif

sassy, if you're such a sucker for "wait, there's MORE!", i have a very nice bridge to sell. it's in brooklyn. LOL!

LOL, i'm here at the office but nobody else is. liz should be arriving in another hour or so. not sure if amy's coming in today at all. time'll tell. get comfy and i'll be back when i know something.
default_wink.png

no time for breakfast this morning, could you e-mail me some of that popcorn??

Anything yet????? Inquiring (nosey) minds wanna know!!!!! Hopefully this gets resolved quickly. This is one of the down sides of being in a small office. I know you don't want to step on any toes, but sometimes you just gotta stomp on them!!!! Keep us posted.

amy got here about 20 minutes ago. she said she got done at her dr. appointment and "decided" to come to work.
default_wacko.png

earlier, i asked liz if she told amy she wanted her to work friday (her normal day off). she said yes, she told her. i said "and??" liz said amy ignored the remark. IGNORED it. i told liz, apparently amy's running the show here and she knows it. liz said not for long. we'll see.
default_nono.gif

not sure when i'll know more but when i do...PASS THE POPCORN!

default_laugh.png
Got the popcorn
default_cheers.gif
Got the beer... Looks like showtime is finally HERE
default_aktion033.gif
OOOOHHH...I'm a poet and didn't know it :DOH!

perfect! you're in charge of entertainment till i have more to add. knock yerself out!!!
default_aktion033.gif

i got an e-mail from amy this afternoon. she blasted liz in the worst way and ended her e-mail by saying she just might not even come back to "this blankety-blank (use your imagination!!!) place after the surgery."
default_new_shocked.gif
It sounds to me like your coworker is one of those people that is extremely delusional about their sense of entitlement. No matter what happens, she is going to be right in her own mind, which means she assumes everyone else naturally agrees with her. I don't view this as her reaching out ot you as a friend, but rather as her "talking at you" to rationalize her own perspective. I am sorry you are having to deal with this, but I hope it gets resolved soon...one way or another.

Hi Charlene, You might want to reconsider and show Liz the emails. If you were dealing with a healthy, reasonable person...I'd say, keep them under wraps...However, not sure you are...someone else mentioned the sense of entitlement she has. People like this are very adept at sensing energy shifts with people and when they might be getting into hot water....
default_wink.png
bringing daughter to work, so boss can't confront her. I almost got burned big time by someone like this. They count on others being kind, respectful, and playing by the rules...so they can take advantage...they don't play by the same rules you do....That is how people can get victimized so easily sometimes and then are left wondering...how the heck did that happen?...
default_new_shocked.gif
I, too, am anxious to see the outcome...
default_laugh.png
Hang in there!

i got an e-mail from amy this afternoon. she blasted liz in the worst way and ended her e-mail by saying she just might not even come back to "this blankety-blank (use your imagination!!!) place after the surgery."
default_new_shocked.gif
It sounds to me like your coworker is one of those people that is extremely delusional about their sense of entitlement. No matter what happens, she is going to be right in her own mind, which means she assumes everyone else naturally agrees with her. I don't view this as her reaching out ot you as a friend, but rather as her "talking at you" to rationalize her own perspective. I am sorry you are having to deal with this, but I hope it gets resolved soon...one way or another.
wow! you sure hit that nail right on the head. this is, more or less, what i have been feeling but i just couldn't put it into words. she definitely thinks she's running the show and up until just the last few days when my boss put her big girl panties on, she WAS.

much to the dismay of Simple Life, i think things are gonna quiet down for the rest of the week. it remains to be seen, how caught up amy gets before she's out for this surgery. she has a LOT of work to do!

AWWWWW MAN - talk about anti-climatic. Just like a darned soap opera. Oh well....I'll stay tuned. (Hey guys....don't eat all the popcorn.)

Hi Charlene, You might want to reconsider and show Liz the emails. If you were dealing with a healthy, reasonable person...I'd say, keep them under wraps...However, not sure you are...someone else mentioned the sense of entitlement she has. People like this are very adept at sensing energy shifts with people and when they might be getting into hot water....
default_wink.png
bringing daughter to work, so boss can't confront her. I almost got burned big time by someone like this. They count on others being kind, respectful, and playing by the rules...so they can take advantage...they don't play by the same rules you do....That is how people can get victimized so easily sometimes and then are left wondering...how the heck did that happen?...
default_new_shocked.gif
I, too, am anxious to see the outcome...
default_laugh.png
Hang in there!
i've been mulling that over and for now, i'm saving the e-mails and will decide later, depending on how things work out, whether or not to show them to liz. amy mentioned one of her "dates" yesterday, i took the opportunity to tell her TMI and i would appreciate it if she would keep this garbage to herself from now on. i don't want to hear about it! bleh!!!

appylover, trust me, this isn't over with.
default_wink.png

Yurck (not sure how to spell this sound...)
indifferent0014.gif

She sounds like such a jerk, and Liz sounds like a great boss. If this was going on with one of my employees, I would want you to show me the email so I could handle it (vs. be handled)
confused0065.gif

I think this girl is going to have more time to "swing" on her hands soon
vomit.gif

Anything happen at work today?????
default_laugh.png
wellll, ummmmm.....oh this is just sick. middle of the afternoon, amy got hungry because she skipped lunch so she ran out to hardee's drive-up window. she'd been gone a few minutes and i got up to check the fax machine, looked at her monitor and noticed she had a yahoo chat window minimized. curiosity got the best of me so i pulled it up. she was talking to some guy...making a DATE with him. i only read a tiny bit but could tell it was somebody she hadn't "been with" yet.
default_smileypuke.gif
default_smileypuke.gif
default_smileypuke.gif

wasn't sure how long she'd be gone and didn't want to get "caught" so i minimized it and went back to my desk. boss was in court but had she been there, i WOULD have shown it to her.

am i bad??
default_no.gif

I think you need to get a can of Lysol and spray her office chair before you sit at her computer again!!!! EWWWWW
vomit.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
are you kidding?? i NEVER sit in that chair and i wear rubber gloves before i touch her keyboard!
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back