Need information on CDE driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlenehorse

Reaction score
Myself and a friend are looking into getting started with CDE driving and need all the help and information we can

get. I need to know sites of buying the correct harness and equipment. Where are the CDE events and any help from

forum members who drive CDE.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Carlene

May I suggest you come on over to the Driving forum. There are several folks there who are well versed on CDEs...I have been driving "forever", but new to the combined driving scene as well.

I just bought two outstanding harnesses from Country Carriages, with the super V brestcollar, and if you are interested in this type of driving, I highly recommend that form of breastplate, aa well as a full breeching. You can also get this type of harness from Camptown, and Chimacum as well as other driving equi[pment shops.

Do you know about the Driving Forum that is now one of the forums on Lil Beginnings? That is a great place to look and ask questions. The other place is the American Driving Society website: www.americandrivingsociety.org. That lists upcoming events and rules - including the dressage tests - and I think you can even access the magazines online. In addition to CDEs (Combined Driving Events) there are also Pleasure Driving Shows and lots of things in between such as Continuous Drives and Arena Driving Trials. Something for everyone! You might also look into a local driving club, which is what we did, and it seems like almost all the new members have minis (also known as Very Small Equines or VSEs).

Latest posts

Back