Need info on the aspc show's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishful

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Could someone give me a little info on the aspc shows, is this considered the "congress"?

where do i find a list of show dates? tried the R website , did i just over look it?

whats the difference between aspc and aspr?

Hello

Congress is the biggest ASPC show of the year, it is in Aug/Sept. It also has ASPR (American Show Pony Registry) classes as well. ASPC has other shows apart from congress, normally they are at the same shows as AMHR shows. Congress is the *big* show of the year kind of like the nationals or world show for shetlands. ASPC (as well as ASPR and AMHR) has an Ohio World Show which is kind of a big deal for shetlands, its not held as high as congress though. ASPR doesnt offer as many classes at shows as AMHR or ASPC does bc their are normally more miniatures and shetlands at the shows then show ponies from what i have noticed.

You were at the right place. Go to the www.shetlandminiature.com and click on events (i believe) and their it will say either the 2006/2007 show schedule or the 2007 show schedule. When the PDF page of shows comes up, look to the far right and it will tell you if the show is AMHR or AMHR, ASPC, ASPR. At the right it tells what is offered. You have to look for ASPC for shetlands or ASPR for show ponies at the far right in the list.

ASPC (American Shetland Pony Club) is the registry for American Shetlands. ASPR (American SHOW PONY Registry) is the registry for Show Ponies. ASPC and ASPR horses show in different classes but at the same shows generally. You can find ASPR classes as congress as well. One is for shetlands, the other is for show ponies. I dont know as much about ASPR as i do ASPC so i cant tell you much about the show pony registry, i know some others on here can though.

Hope i helped a tad bit.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back