Need help with pinto color pattern for registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auledasacres

Reaction score
As we only have 2 pinto and I have never registered a pinto I have no idea what you call this color pattern, overo, tobiano,etc.

I know she is a blue roan pinto, but what else. I just got her paperwork back to register her as the previous owner forgot the mark the pattern.

What do you think. She is my daughter pride and joy and she can't wait to show her.

Picture173.jpg

Picture167.jpg

BUMP, I have no clue about pinto patterns either.

I would say she is tobiano, but you do not need to include the pattern for registration. You only use the color and if they are pinto or appaloosa, mark that part too. Actually, I don't even think they WILL put the pattern on the paperwork unless you make it a part of the registered name some how. BTW...PRETTY girl!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Tobiano for sure, The white placement over her butt and shoulder and dark legs with white stockings is a Tobi factor. for her registration papers you would just say black pinto with stockings. I cant tell if she has a star or not but you would add that . mane and tail color black. Thats all that is required.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
If she has a star she is not Tobiano - not on it's own, anyway as ....

Once more I say....

Tobiano does not give face white!!!!!!

Actually I think she is a skunk- are you sure she is a horse
default_smile.png
:eek:

Oh yes, I've just seen the other side- she is definitely a horse
default_yes.gif
:

She does have a spec of white on her head where a star would be. My other pinto is classified on her amha papers also.

Thanks

Traci

Back