Need help with Face markings on a foal for registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlenehorse

Reaction score
What would you put down on her registration form for face markings.

They don't have this particular pattern on the form for me to choose from.

I know she has a star but would it be a star with a blaze?

Thanks Carlene

MVC-007F.jpg

I would say star and large snip or even star, stripe, and snip. This is why there is also a drawing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carlene, just draw it in the picture..the registry will figure out what to call it :bgrin
default_yes.gif
: I would say a star and a snip. Corinne

i say a star and a large snip because a stripe usally goes all the way down the face the star and snip are different things
default_smile.png

Whatever registry you are working with -- one you can use the photo(s) and the other a drawing.

I would describe it as a small star with a strip and snip.

MA

Here is the picture for Summer.

smkhd.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I will let AMHR help me out on this one. I was guessing a Star and a large snip.

Carlene

If that were a Morgan I'd say a small star, strip (or possibly stripe) and wide snip. Since it's AMHR I'd be inclined to say star, partial strip and wide snip.

The AMHR diagrams show "star, strip & snip" as all being connected, which is why I'd add the word "partial" in this case. In Morgans, we would actually say connected star, strip & snip if the white marking had no breaks in it. With the Morgans we'd go into details--large star, connected strip and wide snip....left hind sock extending higher at the back, right hind sock extending higher on the inside...I've noticed that with Minis the registries could care less about detailed descriptions. I have a hard time writing down a simplified description of markings!!

To make it easy, though, Ice Man isn't putting any white on his babies, other than "a few white hairs" on some of the foreheads. Ha, "a few white hairs on forehead" to a Morgan person is apparently described as "flame" with AMHR. At least that's what they changed my description to on Frost last year. This year I have two colts with the same description; I haven't sent those applications in yet but I presume both will come back showing "flame" too.

Latest posts

Back