Need help on color

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks grulla to me too, and it is impossible for her to be grulla if neither parent carries it (the dun gene).

It's possible the sire is a dunskin, but I'm just not sure. I've read something about white eyelashes but can't remember what it said. She definitely has those. It's hard getting real good pics but "mousy grey" is a perfect description of her grey color.

It's still too hard to tell from the pictures. I think she could be a silver smokey black, grulla, smokey grulla. I would say silver grulla, but i've had.those and they are born looking like palominos-very very light and look like they have cream at first.

And again, a good clear outside shot would be best. Sabbott, you may be referring to the silver gene where the eyelashes are white on the silver horses.

Can't add a photo as the Forum still is not letting me do that but she does not look like any of my Grullas- they were a creamy colour at birth, not this Silvery colour- that does not mean she can't be, just that she does not look typical.

Thanks everyone you all have been so kind to try to help me out. I'm hoping for a smokey black but I'll get what I get and may not know what that will be for a while. All I know is that shes winning over our hearts
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back