Need good wishes for my very sick mini. Update -Finally got an answer. Salmonella.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljc

Reaction score
Both my three-year- old minis got rushed to the equine hospital on Thursday with viral infections of unknown origin. Trickster was not hit as hard at Ollie & already is on the mend but Ollie is now fighting for his life. He's on IVs, of course, getting antibiotics and is in the best of hands but my heart is absolutely breaking. Please send good thought his way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers for Ollie and good thoughts headed your way.
default_pray.gif
:pray I hope he comes through okay! Keep us updated and let us know what they find.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers and good thoughts for your two little ones. Could it be they have West Nile virus? There is a ton of it about now, due mainly (this year I hear) to the enormous number of forclosed homes, which have been left empty and with filled pools. Keep us posted.

Lizzie

Ollie is in my thoughts and prayers. Hope he is feeling better soon.

{{{Hugs}}} for you and prayers for Ollie to get better.
default_sad.png

{{{ hugs to you all }}}
no.gif

And prayers too!

I am Puttin in a good word with the big guy up stairs! Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

Barbie

Because of your location, I'm assuming they are at Somis? Keeping your minis in my thoughts and prayers... if they are at Somis, there is no better hospital...

Liz R.

Because of your location, I'm assuming they are at Somis? Keeping your minis in my thoughts and prayers... if they are at Somis, there is no better hospital...

Liz R.

Both minis are at West Coast Equine in Somis. I've been very happy with the care they're getting. One of my big horses had kidney failure in February and the hospital was fabulous. It's nice to not have to go all the way to Alamo Pintado. Plus, there's another mini in the hospital right now so although mine are being kept apart from the other horses due to the unknown virus, it's nice to hear mini whinnies from both ends of the barn.

Alamo is good of course, but Somis is truly a cut above the rest. The vets there are so compassionate and caring. I've always used them for my minis, and I have to say - they provide the BEST care possible. So at least you know your minis are at the best place possible... please keep us posted...

Liz R.

Sending prayers and healing thoughts for your little man and hugs for you.

Hoping for some good news today!

Anna

Latest posts

Back