Relationships

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congradulations!!! take a nice hot bath, a hot cup of Vervine or Camomile tea, and sleep well tonight! I admire your strength, its not easy to ask parents to help you sometimes ( depending on parents) Good for you , I think you have an exciting and wonderful path ahead of you.

AWESOME! AWESOME!!!

I'm doing the happy dance!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Steer it where YOU want it to go!

Another thing...if and when he calls you begging for forgiveness, promising to change, blah-blah-blah...THINK ABOUT IT!!! Then hang-up, close the door, and walk away...

Ditto what Sue C said.

Also, don't go running into another relationship for a good, long time. You need to heal from this experience and have your head on straight.

Now is the time to think about your goals and how to achieve them. Like college. Think about getting a degree, then you can get a better paying job and have the life you want without depending on someone else. That will allow you to enter a new relationship for the right reasons, not because that person has something you need, like housing, food, money, horse barn.....

Explore why you dove out of a 2 year relationship headlong into this one.

Are you about to say you can't afford college? That is bull. Talk to your parents, maybe they can at least provide your housing and food, work a job and go to college part time. Look into scholarships, student loans, etc.

I am very glad you got out, now stay out!!

Glad you got out. Now stay strong and stay out. Go with your mom when she comes in June and get on with the rest of your life.

Barbie

Also as some have suggested take time to find yourself. It's not a bad idea to hook up with a good therapist (I did a lot of psych in college) You mentioned your family was never very "lovey" and you've been attracted to men who are not healthy for you. You are very strong...you've proved that today...too many women in bad relationships use excuses like "i can't leave because of the kids etc" as an excuse because THEY are too weak to leave or they don't have enough self esteem to believe they can make it alone. Obviously you're stronger than that
default_aktion033.gif

I wish you all the best life has to offer - you deserve it
default_biggrin.png

Thank you so much guys! I plan on taking it one step at a time now. There is a guest house at this barn my horses are at and that's where I'm at right now. It's super nice and the people understand. I realized a lot here. I was weak and made excuses. Parents said we can still keep the horses because she knows that they keep me holding on. I've seen many therapists but I stopped for awhile and now I plan to again.

I am so glad you left…. I can understand why your worried about the horses though. I have had times in my life when the only time I really felt happy was when I was with my dogs or horses. It would be almost impossible to give them up so I am so glad that you are getting to keep them. For now while you wait for your mom stay away from him if you can…I hope he doesn’t show up at your work but hopefully you have the support where you are at to get through that if it comes up. You defiantly have it here
default_yes.gif
It will only get better from now on

I just love the horses to death! I can't live with out him. I finally got my dream horses and herd established. It's what I have always wanted. And even though my parents are not horsey people they still are not mad. They understand. And my managers at work do know of the situation and are going to be looking out for him. They are understaffed as it is. They don't want to lose a good employee!

Latest posts

Back