Need driving obsticle ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bealsbarnyard

Reaction score
Hello,

Our mini horse club "MHHCC" is having an open mini show on May 20th. It's in Wellington, Ohio so if anyone is interested in coming just PM me and I can send information. We are offering for the first time a driving obsticle class, we have not done this before and would like ideas on different obsticles. We need ones that would be ok for adults as well as youth as we are not splitting the class. This will be fun any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kathy

I love driving obstacle!!! It is a real test of how well your horse drives and listens to you. There are tons of different things you can do.

Some that I have run across: a bridge to drive over, a narrow teeter totter to put one wheel on and drive over, hula hoop to put one wheel in and do a 360, cones to weave through, 2 poles to back through or a dogleg to back through and 1/4 turn and back again, a pole raised off the ground to back up to and knock off, mailbox - you can put a treat for either the exhibitors or the horses in there, cones or standards with a rug laid on the ground to drive between and over the rug - make sure it is a different shade than the ground eg light on dark or vice versa, pairs of cones with balls on top laid out in a course similiar to driving cones at a Pleasure show, 2 poles on the ground 6 inches apart to drive one wheel through......

I hope this gets you thinking!

Latest posts

Back