NEED DOG ADVICE NOW!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
My MinPin, Gunner, has always been extremely active (hyper) and will let mek now when he has to go out, gets all excited and jumpy, etc when things are going on...well, yu get the picture...but since yesturday, if you touch him suddenly he yelps and he just wants to lay down and not run/jump around. I checked out his legs and feet to make sure they were not causing him pain and he doesnt seem to be in pain there. He will walk/trot when on a leash to go potty, so I dont think he has any "injuries". The only thing I can think of that has happened recently with him is that on Wednesday evening he got into my leftover chinese food that I had accidently left unattended on my desk and it had all the chinese red peppers (you know those really hot ones that you arent really supposed to eat!) and he ate like 5-6 of those!!
new_shocked.gif
He seemed fine, which shocked me...until yesturday...do you think that those peppers are doing their "thing" on him now??? I really need some advise on this asap...I plan on taking him to the vet if its something that needs to be taken care of there....but if it is the peppers, maybe some sort of "home remedy" would work???

OK, well, Im thinking I need to go ahead with the vet...so I am on my way to take him there now, on my way to work.

Will let you all know what I find out....

How is your little one? those peppers can cause alot of problems if too many are eaten....hope he is ok.

Linda,

Check in when you can -- wondering how your little guy is!

MA

well, the vet ran some bloodwork on him, but the results wont be back til Monday morning...OK, so Im thinking he will still be actting not well when I pick him up this afternoon...He came out all happy and looking like his old self again....
rolleyes.gif
and they didnt give him any meds or anything...go figure!! Take the dog to the vet and $160 later, he's all better...
wacko.gif

I am happy, of course he is feeling better...
aktion033.gif
He is like my baby, even my kids say I treat him better than them...LOL...
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif
wub.gif

Thanks for all your concern...I really appreciate it!!
yes.gif

Will let you know what the results of the bloodwork are, but Im thinking it will show up as "normal"...
rolleyes.gif

Glad to hear he has perked up...I have a soft spot for the minpins I was a foster mom on several occasions to this breed and they are so loving and devoted......

here is a little advice for the next time he decides to have a culinary indiscretion
biggrin.gif
5ml/cc of pepto
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
this is not veterinary advice just the advice of a dog mom who has a dog who periodically likes to indulge in margaritas and entire hambones
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

new_shocked.gif
The dog had one "helluva" heartburn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would too if you ate a portion of those peppers that compared to what he ate for his size.
yes.gif

Glad he seems to be better. Hope he stays that way for ya!

Liz M.

Back