Need a mini horse driving trainer in arizona

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, if you personally know of a person who trains minis to drive, and they are based in arizona- I have a couple mini's that I want to put into training. Please let me know name/contact info, and any other information you would like to relay to me is appreciated. I am looking for the mini to be trained for my personal use, not for the showring(although they are both show quality)- I don't see any 'showring' in my future. Just want them trained by a responsible, caring trainer, who doesn't rush it or goes too fast and misses basics.

I am hoping to get individuals somewhere in the phoenix or outlying areas, and also some individuals from northern arizona to pick from.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Bev

Goodyear, Arizona

Maybe Chey Aut on this forum will respond; also, I'd suggest googling for something like' Carriage Driving Club in AZ'--I know there is a thriving one, just can't think of the exact name of the club just now(Senior moment, you know!) I'm almost certain I've seen ads for trainers(not show trainers)in their newsletter, which I've had the pleasure of reading a few times.

Good luck!

Margo

You might try the American Driving Society (ADS) at www.americandrivingsociety.com and see if there are any affiliated clubs in your area. Someone who trains "big" horses to drive should be able to help you out, especially if they are carriage drivers or belong to an ADS club. I actually found a local trainer through links on Leia's site at www.cde4vse.com. My trainer has Morgans but the training methods are the same for all size equines for this (ADS) style of driving.

Hi Bev:

We’ve had several horses trained by Austin Van Wyck of Victory Lane Training Center and couldn't be more pleased. One is our bay leopard stallion Lost Spoke’s Winter Dreamer Catcher aka “Catch” and the other is Conder’s Miss Ocala aka “Miss O”. Both of these horses were started several months ago and even though they are green they’re going along so solid and steady you’d think they’ve been driving for years.

Catch will be showing in Country Pleasure Driving this year and Miss O we had started just for fun. Both Catch and Miss O are loads of fun to drive and it’s refreshing to drive green horses without my hair standing on end hoping not to end up wrapped around a telephone pole! LOL

Sending Catch & Miss O to Austin was well worth it and won't hesitate to send him more. Whether your wanting to show at the top show level or want a good solid bomb proof fun horse to drive, I can’t recommend Austin and his daughter Paige more! If you'd like more info, please write me private.

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Already gave you my recomendation via email, but the Az driving club is www.azcarriage.org

I concur with Lost Spoke - Austin Van Wyck of Victory Lane Training Center is a dear friend and an amazing horse person. Your horse(s) would be superbly trained to drive.

Latest posts

Back