Neck strap- d ring vs floppy terret

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specialk

Reaction score
Ordering a new harness. Have the options for the necks strap to either have a d ring or floppy terrts. What is the difference? Why is one better than the other? Anyone have pics of both?

I don't think I've ever seen the floppies, LOL.

I've don't particularly like the neck strap with line/rein rings at all. I've always felt that they "broke the line" between the bit and the saddle terrets and the hand even more than normal. But maybe I've had them set wrong? I don't know. I've seen a good line between the horse's bit and the saddle terrets back to the hands and I've seen "broken" lines. Think it really depends on what you are doing with your driving as to much you see this and whether it works for you. Also, the "broken line" seems more common with the little guys than with the biggies - think it's due to the length and set/carriage of the little's necks.

Are you getting a Comfy Fit? I only ask because I know they offer both styles. I prefer the ones that stand up. The less friction on the lines the better I think.

My comfy fit deluxe breast collar and neck strap with the regular turrets should arrive sometime this week. I'll post some pics and let you know how I like it if you want.

Latest posts

Back