Natural BP-Reducing Supplements

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tab

Reaction score
My husband has thin genes, and is not really heavy, so it has been a mystery why he has needed to be on BP meds since his mid 20s, before we met. He was normal BP on the high dose of BP medicine. He ran out of meds, didn't tell me, and was out of them for 2 weeks. Well, miraculously, when he went to the doctor's the nurse read his blood pressure at 108/80. WHAT???? I guessed that possibly it has been his daily banana and frosted mini wheats. I have no idea, but I ordered him potassium supplements. He's on 2 potassium supplements a day, around 1,000 mg, and I also am now giving him garlic and parsley supplements for cardiac health.

Do you guys have any ideas and recommendations on how to keep his BP normal off of prescription meds? First of all, I have no idea what caused the change. I'm basically grasping at straws by putting him on these supplements. I'm concerned that the bp is going to come back up. The great mystery/miracle! It could have been the nurses error. I believe in miracles, but things generally don't get better with BP for no reason. Especially if the person is otherwise in good health and the bp is a bit of a mystery. We will wait and see, he goes there for a free bp reading in a few days.

PS Does anyone think it could be related to thyroid... they haven't tested that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about natural supplements but I suggest getting a BP cuff for home use. Our doctor recommended taking BP every day at different times of the day and keep track of it.

Reactions: Tab
Also, don't forget when reading-the "active" readings (when he's been working, etc.) will be higher and the "resting" lower. The "resting" is what they usually want to go from. Everybody's BP is higher when active or stressed.

Reactions: Tab

Latest posts

Back