Nationals Weather

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Us N Texas

Reaction score
Just went on the web to get 5 day forecast for the weather, just to help me decide what to take in the way of clothes, and saw that rain, storms, and wet was predicted through Monday. Get out the raincoats! Mine finally gave up the ghost this summer, so guess I'll be getting a new one! The temps are supposed tobe in the lower 80's daytime, 60's at night.

Most everything is covered, including going through the barns to get to the arena, so never fear!! Hey, I will take that over the horrible heat we had the second year I went... coming from the desert where it can easily be 114 to that humidity about killed us. The first words out of my mouth were 'I want to go home!!', LOL We lived through it but were moving at sloth speed it was just so hot and muggy.

Have a great show!! Hope folks can keep us updated on the show!

I know everything is pretty much covered, but I can't drive my golf cart through the barns, and I am too lazy to take the long way around. My golf cart has a roof but no sides! Have to get that new raincoat! We have been there when we were cold, hot, miserable with the humidity, and pleasant. It is probably the most fun we have ever had in all kinds of weather. Can't wait till Friday. First order of business is saying hello to all the Ky. folk, then going down and browse all the goodies so I can go back later and make more educated purchases. The girls left this morning with all the horses, tack and etc.,

so all the fun stuff will have been done when we get there. We will leave Friday after Jerry gets a couple hours of sleep.

I forgot to add, this year I get to go for the whole thing again. I don't have to stay home and care for the rest of the animals as we have someone to do it for us!

It will be the first time I get to stay for the whole thing in 3-4 years!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please tell me, someone. Is it hot today? Temp. please. Should I repack? I have 7 sweatshirts, last year I was cold.

Please tell me, someone. Is it hot today? Temp. please. Should I repack? I have 7 sweatshirts, last year I was cold.
Better to take them, and not need them, than to need them and not take them!

Besides, it's ALWAYS cold in the stands in the arena!

Lucy

Just spoke to the girls about an hour ago. Hot today, very humid, but so far, no rain since they have been there. Tina's boyfriend's little 5 year old son is there to drive for youth judging today. He is so excited! They say little Dillon is "wired". He shows in driving and jumping tomorrow, and he can't wait to jump.

This is Dillon's first year to show, or to even be around the horses, and he has taken to them like a duck to water. Watch the little red-headed rascal in youth classes, and see how enthused he can be! He gets so excited sometimes he forgets to go to sleep, then wakes up cross and tired and whiney. Typical five year old. We knew he was going to like the horses when Nata let him lead a yearling filly in a sale ring last fall to show how gentle and easy going she was, and when Nata, (right beside him all the way) reached out to take the filly from he told her "No, I've got this" and wouldn't let her have the filly till she was sold and back outside the ring. I just hope his love and admiration for horses last him a lifetime. Oh, and you should see how cute he is in his little tuxedo!

I've shown at Tulsa for a few years, and I know to just prepare for all types of weather.

Storms roll in and you've got to blanket all the horses (our barn flooded one year, too) and pull out the rain jackets.

Then the next day it gets really hot and humid, you'll be in your tank top and turn on all the fans and hose down the horses.

And then when you go to watch classes, bring a sweatshirt cuz it's COLD and air conditioned in the show arena!

Andrea

Back