Nationals Weather

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuelinkellyville

Reaction score
Here in Tulsa (and surrounding states) we have had many, many, many days of 100+ temperatures. The forecast I saw last nite for Thursday the first day of showing is a high of 90 deg. with nites in the upper 50's. So if you get here and you see the locals like me walking around in a coat, don't laugh it is going to feel like winter to us...
default_new_shocked.gif
So bring along your mini's nite time clothes because it will be chilly at night..We here are really looking forward to the cooler temps.

Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
I am miles away and not showing but I just wanted to say what a nice thought to remind people about pj' for their minis.

You get a gold star Danny and go to the top of the class. Lol

We have already packed the heavier clothes for the horses, just in case. This time of year you just never know what the weather will be like. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, we are so used to 100-110 degree temps now that the other morning we got up and it was like 85 and my 2 kids DID actually go and get hoodies to wear. I laughed at them the whole way to the car. Here in SW OK we are on like day 90 of temps over 100. And not a drop of rain like the rest of the state has gotten

Always pack winter blankets, just in case...
default_smile.png
I am so ready for some cooler weather, sounds wonderful after a summer of 100 plus days!

Jan

Good reminder about heavier blankets for the horses. The first year I went to Nationals noboby reminded me. Of course, it got really cool that year. I ended up buying blankets out there. Now that goes on the list immediately!!! Mine too. I am so hoping that I need it. Been hot here in Kentucky this summer too.

Yeah, we are so used to 100-110 degree temps now that the other morning we got up and it was like 85 and my 2 kids DID actually go and get hoodies to wear. I laughed at them the whole way to the car. Here in SW OK we are on like day 90 of temps over 100. And not a drop of rain like the rest of the state has gotten
Same here Jules!

I'd watch on my weatherbug, HUGE green bands of rain on the radar, coming RIGHT at us! Then Riggght as it got to us, swerve off to the West and miss us! Time after time!

This whole summer, the rain would either stop before it reached us, vere off right or left.

We got ONE 10 minute rain ONCE. That was all!
default_crybaby.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to feel awesome being in the high 70s next week. They also said another cold front will come shortly after that. It seems like every year you will always pull out the winter blankets. Every year it always rains really bad for one day. I have a feeling the weather is going to be unpredictable this year.

Same here Jules!

I'd watch on my weatherbug, HUGE green bands of rain on the radar, coming RIGHT at us! Then Riggght as it got to us, swerve off to the West and miss us! Time after time!

This whole summer, the rain would either stop before it reached us, vere off right or left.

We got ONE 10 minute rain ONCE. That was all!
default_crybaby.gif
Us, too. It rained twice between Memorial Day and Labor Day this year... once on June 27th and then again August 14th, I think. It didn't rain ONCE in July on us. Just sprinkles, not even enough to wet the ground.

Back